• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hi there from potential recruit

• Thread starter Thread starter SonniesEdge
  • Start date Start date
S

SonniesEdge

Hey everyone,

31 yo woman thinking of joining up next year. Still a mature student at university but I graduate in Decemeber with a degree in Applied Information Technology. Between now and then is the business of getting more exercise!

Was thinking of ICT tech work in the RAF, but just realised that I'm beyond the age limit. :PDT_Xtremez_21:

Anyhow, that's me. ::small wave::

Sonnie

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Welcome to the Goat...Sorry to hear about the age problem...Thought about a commission or the other branches of the forces?

S

SonniesEdge

Welcome to the Goat...Sorry to hear about the age problem...Thought about a commission or the other branches of the forces?

Yeah, thinking about applying for a commission instead. Problem is, I'm less the "leader of men" type and more the "stand at the back and make wisecracks" type. Don't know how far my attitude will take me. :-/

Also thinking about the army (signals), but, I dunno.... just can't click with the idea yet.

Sonnie

S

SonniesEdge

What about the auggies ? best of both worlds

Nah, if I'm doing this I want a full-time career out of it. Can't bear the thought of "regular" work! (Done enough of that over the last decade). I want to be able to say I've done something exciting with my life, not just taken the next civilian systems admin or programming job that came along.

Sorry, thinking out loud via the keyboard. ::twonks self::

Sonnie

Back