• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How long is an audio CD ?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
After months of vacillation and dither, I have at last got some audio stuff together in my Shack.
I have about 5 feet of shelf space stuffed with 1800ft long (about 90 minutes), open reel tapes and on each of the four tracks is an old "Saturday Night Theatre" play from Radio 4.

I'd like to put these plays onto CD. MP3 is not an option as my player in the car does not handle it.
So how long will a CD run for with WAV (plain audio) files please?

Is it a practical idea or will I have to split the plays into two parts ?

M

monobrow

Plain audio files? If your car player wont play MP3 I'd be surprised if it plays wavs, are you sure its not CDA you need to convert them to, i.e. the standard CD format.
Indeed. WAV isn't what you want, and most media players like windows media player, itunes, etc will burn you (if asked) a proper audio disc. I would also avoid CD-RW for this task as well as most car steroes can't read them properly. Stick with CD-R and all will be good.

Craig855s

Sergeant
You could put them all into a queue on windows media player and burn them onto sequential discs so that 1 play will be on 2 discs but the second play will also be on disc 2 (with the last 20 minutes of it being on disc 3) and so on. Saves wasting 2 discs per play

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Thanks, chaps;
So I need to make CDA files. OK, I guess I can sort that out (Audacity?)
What other software is available for this task ?

Back