• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many techies.........................

I was wondering how many techies make up the masses (!) of what is left of the RAF.
Then I also thought, how many techies are there in the RAF that don't do trade work ......(instructors,training cells,LITS,IPT,CIO,LEAN,QA,ICATQ,etc etc)

anyone know?::P:

E

Edzar

I was wondering how many techies make up the masses (!) of what is left of the RAF.
Then I also thought, how many techies are there in the RAF that don't do trade work ......(instructors,training cells,LITS,IPT,CIO,LEAN,QA,ICATQ,etc etc)

anyone know?::P:

You forgot to mention the sick-notes and other malingering bar-stewards that the rest of us have to cover in their 'years of need'!!!:PDT_Xtremez_25:

To answer, I have no idea, but will soon be about half what it was in 1990 I reckon - if not less

B

Bored@work

You forgot to mention the sick-notes and other malingering bar-stewards that the rest of us have to cover in their 'years of need'!!!:PDT_Xtremez_25:

The amount of duties that the rest of us have to do because of these work-dodging morons drives me nuts.

Well if they weren't doing those lovely jobs you would be m8.

that maybe. I am not trying to question their contribution, just curious about what seems to be dwindeling numbers of techies, and whether or not we can ever claw some back!

That said, I understand that there are many out of trade because that is their preference.

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
that maybe. I am not trying to question their contribution, just curious about what seems to be dwindeling numbers of techies, and whether or not we can ever claw some back!

That said, I understand that there are many out of trade because that is their preference.

Thats what theyre trying to do at ISK right now, the are rumored to be some quite radical ideas under consideration in order to recover from the current situation.

E

Edzar

Thats what theyre trying to do at ISK right now, the are rumored to be some quite radical ideas under consideration in order to recover from the current situation.

Such as what exactly? Come on you can't leave us hanging like that! If theres a rumour going about its best to get it out in the open on here!! After all this is 'The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network'!

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Such as what exactly? Come on you can't leave us hanging like that! If theres a rumour going about its best to get it out in the open on here!! After all this is 'The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network'!

Sorry....basically theyre trying to raid depth manpower - thats fact.

One of the rumours says that they could do that is to close some of the bays perminently for a short term fix. Of course they'll be left with other problems to solve in the medium term but at least they'll have first line manpower.

They're not even bothered about if the candidates are Q'd up; only if they have a minimum of 18 months left in the RAF. A big influx of untrained manpower with a ground school that has had capacity stripped due to leaning leaves you with another, if less critical (supervisory) problem to solve. Do you really want SAC Dangerous out of the tyre bay back on the line?

I've heard rumours of partial civilianisation to plug some gaps. It would be interesting to see if those civilians are redundees (such a word?).

It'll be tricky for them to raid depth since they've already been leaned, so any transfer of manpower to first line will undoubtably impact somewhere else badly.

E

exerk

Sorry....basically theyre trying to raid depth manpower - thats fact.

One of the rumours says that they could do that is to close some of the bays perminently for a short term fix. Of course they'll be left with other problems to solve in the medium term but at least they'll have first line manpower.

They're not even bothered about if the candidates are Q'd up; only if they have a minimum of 18 months left in the RAF. A big influx of untrained manpower with a ground school that has had capacity stripped due to leaning leaves you with another, if less critical (supervisory) problem to solve. Do you really want SAC Dangerous out of the tyre bay back on the line?

I've heard rumours of partial civilianisation to plug some gaps. It would be interesting to see if those civilians are redundees (such a word?).

It'll be tricky for them to raid depth since they've already been leaned, so any transfer of manpower to first line will undoubtably impact somewhere else badly.

That would fall foul of employment law, elements of which the Armed Forces are subject to. You cannot sack someone and then bring in another person to do their job, even if it's the same person.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
You cannot sack someone and then bring in another person to do their job, even if it's the same person.

Ah but the military had the rules re-written just before Tranche 1 and now you can legally work as a civil servant in your own job without giving your redundancy money back - provided the advert for the job didn't say Ex RAF or military experience "essential" or words to that effect.

But the chances are any redundees would be recruited as contracting temps - its been going on for years at Wyton while guys waited for their security clearances, many guys came working as "consultants"

D

dodgysootie

The wheels on the bus go round round round!!
Use the meltdown at ISK thread.

E

exerk

Ah but the military had the rules re-written just before Tranche 1 and now you can legally work as a civil servant in your own job without giving your redundancy money back - provided the advert for the job didn't say Ex RAF or military experience "essential" or words to that effect.

But the chances are any redundees would be recruited as contracting temps - its been going on for years at Wyton while guys waited for their security clearances, many guys came working as "consultants"

F**ck me! Is there nothing left of the RAF I was in? I probably couldn't hack it now anyway, me knees are buggered and I'd be like ILLBW - going sick all the time, as in sick and tired of all the pink fluffiness!

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
F**ck me! Is there nothing left of the RAF I was in? I probably couldn't hack it now anyway, me knees are buggered and I'd be like ILLBW - going sick all the time, as in sick and tired of all the pink fluffiness!

You learn quickly exerk - your beginning to see the state we are really in

Hu

It's not just depth that's getting hammered.
Lucky old Marham is apparently getting 27 techies from Brize. All heavies.
Good job we're not already struggling for manpower... oh wait a minute...

Last edited:
Back