• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How often are available jobs typically posted

M

MrAdventure

I've just missed out on the ICT Aerial Erector because I found out two weeks later I never actually sent the application. I really don't want to wait a year or so for the vacancy to become open again because it's a long time and i'm unemployed (i'm bored senseless).

A few other careers in the RAF have interested me but none of the ones I'm eligible for are open, any ideas when they'll be more open jobs?

Thanks

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Sadly mate, that's a bit of a 'how long's a piece of string' question as the recruiting picture for all trades changes frequently - almost daily in some cases - so what could be open and recruiting on Monday could stopf for a protracted period by Tuesday. I take it that you're already registered with the RAF recruiting hotline (0845 605 5555)? My advice to you is to call them up and go through your options with you and once you're ready to make an application for a job you want (and that you're eligible) you can register your interest. The beauty of that is once you're registered in the pool of those interested in the branch you want, you won't leave that pool unless you remove yourself or you no longer become eligible (age, etc). Once there are vacancies for your chosen trade, you will be emailed links to the online application process and you can take things from there.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Have you joined the RAF Careers facebook page? That shows some trades which may be opening in the near future. Just remember that if your application is successful you will be doing that job for 9 years or more, so make sure you understand what you're letting yourself in for.