• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am looking for some advice....

• Thread starter Thread starter Smokes
  • Start date Start date
S

Smokes

Hi folks,

This is my first post.

I am looking to join the RAF as an AMM but I have been told by the AFCO that there is unlikely to be any movements until the spring of next year.

I have been reading lots of post on this forum for a few months now and I have found it really informative.

There is only one question that I haven't been able to find any information on and I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice.

How likely are AMM to experience combat situation in places like Afghanistan etc?

For example; if the Regiment was running short of Gunners at any given time what are the chances of being told you have to make up the numbers?

Thanks in advance

Smokes

S

Smokes

I am looking for some advice....

Hi folks,

This is my first post and I think I may have put this on the wrong forum earlier. Apologies for any confusion.

How likely are AMM to experience combat situation in places like Afghanistan etc?

For example; if the Regiment was running short of Gunners at any given time what are the chances of being told you have to make up the numbers?

Thanks in advance

Smokes

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Why do you want to know? What would put you off joining...seeing combat or not enough?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Moved and merged with the other thread.:PDT_Xtremez_19:

S

Smokes

I am the type of person who likes to know as much as possible thats all. I realise that by joining the forces the there is a good chance that you will have to put yourself in the firing line at some point in you career. I dont have a burning desire to be shot at but I know thats one of the potential hazards and it will not stop me joining up.

Could you give me a bit more info?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
In a word - None.

I'm sure you'll have enough to be getting on with if you do go to Afghanistan and I'm quite sure the FP will not want an untrained millstone round their neck.

Back