• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am thinking about joining the Royal Air Force, can anyone give me any advice?

C

Curly123

I have just recently joined E Goat after advice from my father (RAF retd.). I am thinking about joining as a Photographer or Intelligence analyst. What are the best options at this time considering the implications of the current cutbacks and finacial constraints. Apart from the current operations over Libya. I am currently in my last year of 6th form, currently studying Geography, Photography and Physical Education. I have also got all of my GCSE's at high grades including French and German. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

M

monobrow

Contact your nearest Armed Forces Careers Office and let them guide you on your path. With the SDSR and subsequent redundancies, they are best placed to give you an accurate picture of if/when you may be able to join up.

S

scopedope

Contact your local careers office. They will steer you in the right direction. Have you considered Air Traffic, can help when you leave the service. But Hey I am an old cold war sweat so what do I know these days. But good luck if you to join up. Did I tell you about the cold war and when I was in the Falklands?? I will go now................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

S

scopedope

Rigga if you have anything to contribute make it worthwhile

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi mate, as others have said contact your nearest AFCO for advice, they will have lots of info for you. Also, have a look at the RAF website for information on some different jobs.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Rigga if you have anything to contribute make it worthwhile

Thanks for your concern guys, but I think my early input prevented more unhelpful posts.
My apologies to Curly for being annoying...apparently.

I could also add that Curly could do far better than a Photog with his school qualifications, and that he should indeed go to an AFCO for his own research and their guidance.

Whatever you decide, Curly, all the best.
Rigga

C

cat88

I would like to join as a Photographer too :)
Let me know how you get on curly

Last edited: