• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I have a virus in my e-mail it is sending out to all my contacts and I get 9 or 10 fr

Stuck with some bloody virus which I can't kill. Any advice folks regarding :

[table]
[TR]
[TD]I have a virus in my e-mail it is sending out to all my contacts and I get 9 or 10 from the postmaster every day how do I get rid of the virus?

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/table]

Thanks a lot

D

dozyscopie1

I had/have the same thing.I actually had one coming into my email address sent from my email address, some bollocks about making $$$$$$ by selling some crappy time share, this would then go to all my contacts who when they opened the email it went onto all their contacts etc etc
The way I got around it was to delete all my contacts. I now have no contacts in my email address book. Bit drastic but it worked, plus when I do send an email when I type in the first letter of the address I want to send to Hotmail recognises the addressee starting with that letter and automatically fills in the sender. So I may have no contacts left but as long as I remember the first letter of most of my contacts email addresses (there are only 18) I am fine. Not the best of solutions but it worked.
Tried scanning etc but nothing is ever found, be interested to see if any other goaters have a solution to this problem.

FootTapper

Sergeant
Often its as simple as changing your password.

Your email address gets harvested from the net, then the program just tries.to "force" your password with multiple tries. Once It's in it emails spam to all your contacts.

Change.the password and it has to start again from scratch.

topstop

Corporal
Often its as simple as changing your password.

Your email address gets harvested from the net, then the program just tries.to "force" your password with multiple tries. Once It's in it emails spam to all your contacts.

Change.the password and it has to start again from scratch.

Got the same thing 4 days ago, tried Norton 360 and their thing for deeply embeded stuff to no avail.

Change password and it seems to have done the trick 2 days with out any more **** E-Mails going out

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Got the same thing 4 days ago, tried Norton 360 and their thing for deeply embeded stuff to no avail.

Change password and it seems to have done the trick 2 days with out any more **** E-Mails going out

Norton & McAfee are two of the worst av software programmes going,better to use one like AVG.Avasti,(what I use) or Kaperski.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
I had this in my hotmail account.....I was sending adverts about viagara in a link contained in an email. I sorted it by simply changing my password and memorable question.

SCJ

ScoobTech

Sergeant
If it's webmail (Hotmail etc) very unlikely to be a virus more likely compromised credentials, change the password, make it complex using numbers,, capital lowercase, and special symbols. Pound sign is a good one, as ours is the only keyboard with it on.

If it's webmail (Hotmail etc) very unlikely to be a virus more likely compromised credentials, change the password, make it complex using numbers,, capital lowercase, and special symbols. Pound sign is a good one, as ours is the only keyboard with it on.

All sorted now thanks to tips including changing password although I was using Kaplinski and always scan downloads first.
I reckon facebook has a lot to answer as this must be the source of my contaminate.

ScoobTech

Sergeant
glad it's sorted, the barstewards are getting a bit more devious, someone has figured out how to infect the Bios with a malicous payload that installs software onto a hardrive to do whatever it is programmed to do. The only way to get rid of it is to reflash the bios, not a task without it's risks in itself.

P

POB

Pound sign is a good one, as ours is the only keyboard with it on.

Fantastic until you try to use a computer on your overseas hols, without the pound sign...The asterisk, plus and minus, ampersand are good though!

Back