• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I-pods Are Sh1t

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Hi all,

Bit off topic sorry

Loaded I tunes on the old lappy and all was well even managed to put them on the Nano. Prob is now the nano has frozen and I cannot navigate or do any thing with it. Its jammed reading its playing a tune, it's not. The lights are on and nobody is home. It's not locked so I can discount that, and every time I plug it back into the computer and it causes I-tunes, it freezes that up as well. Any serious suggestions welcome please. Is there a master reset built in wiping all stuff on the nano.
Cheers

SCJ

Last edited:

Mighty_Wokka

Corporal
ipods are ace! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

I had a simular thing happen to mine, anyway have you tried the reset :

HOLD BOTH THE MENU BUTTON AND SELECT (MIDDLE) BUTTON DOWN TOGETHER FOR 6 - 10 SECS

That sorted mine

MingMong

Warrant Officer
If a reset doesn't work, then wait for the battery to go completely flat, recharge it and try again.

And to Mighty_Wokka, MP3 players are ace, I-pods are a rip off!

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
ipods are ace! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

I had a simular thing happen to mine, anyway have you tried the reset :

HOLD BOTH THE MENU BUTTON AND SELECT (MIDDLE) BUTTON DOWN TOGETHER FOR 6 - 10 SECS

That sorted mine

YOU ARE THE MAN (or woman sorry).

Worked great cheers.

SCJ

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
i-pods are fro muppets who believe the ads and think they are buying into a lifestyle.

In the States there was a survey carried out amongst i-pod owners because so many people were getting mugged when the white headphone leads were on view. IIRC 75% of people would rather get mugged than lose the white cable.:PDT_Xtremez_35:

It's more of a fashion accessory than a music player.:PDT_Xtremez_25:

Waiting for my pay-as-you-go phone to die and then buying a Sony Ericcson with a big memory card, sorted.

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Have to disagree,

Picked up my Ipod Mini a couple of years ago whilst transiting through Incirlik and touch wood not had a single problem. Loads of music on and off of it, battery still working fine, always on in the car and one of the first bits of kit along with it's speaker system when disappearing off for some fun in the fields.

That said with the amount of gucci MP3 players out there I wouldn't buy another one at the prices that they charge in the UK!

M

mcdoodle

i agree with roverboy, creative are far superior, seeing as they started out making sound cards for pc's(amongst other things), it stands to reason that their digital sound quality would be superior.
just as a footnote, i bought an i-pod nano lookylikey off e-bay, 1GB for 20 quid, ideal for the gym, without the hassle of i-tunes:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Back