• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I Tunes files

MattBombHead

Sergeant
I recently bought a (non apple) MP3 player, and being an honest kinda chap, thought i'd have a look around some 'legal download' sites, and buy some music.

Great thinks i, but i cann't seem to get the tracks onto my MP3 player. I'm guessing its got something to do with the file ext (.m4p) but how the feck do i convert it to a .mp3 file?

its got me beat, especially since hitting it repeatedly with a hammer didn't work....:PDT_Xtremez_08:

D

DrunkenMonki

All the ones i can find legally cost some cash im afraid. I used

http://www.mp4tomp3.com/

and it worked just fine. May be some dodgy stuff out there, i avoid it because my Mrs works from the comp at home sometimes! Try to avoid anything dodgy at all. Good luck!

M

monobrow

AAAARRRGGGHHHHH never use iTunes unless you got an iPod. It's bad bad bad bad bad, mainly because they tend to give you weird files like m4p and AAC (mac naitive music file)

I'll have a looksie, but me mate did it by burning them as audio discs and ripping em to mp3 with windows media player.

ohh and never try to get iTunes to reorganise your studio's 29,000 songs (about 150 gig) It just wasted electricity, caused a ferkin MP3 mess, and i had to spend almost an hour waiting for the ferkin mess to wipe itself!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
D

DrunkenMonki

I just use Windows Media player or Alcohol 120% on my laptop. They both work just fine. But like i say, no dodgy songs at all, it may be different if there was.

Back