• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IE7 Problems

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Any techno geeks out there that can help me?

I've just upgraded to IE7 and started having problems with closing windows.

For example: Someone posts a link on a site, you open it, new window pops up with the site in it. When I go to close it, it brings up an error report the shuts IE down.............

Suggestions?

I don't really want to ring a priemium rate help line if I can.......

ta muchly

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Okay dude, here goes.....
1. Format your hard drive.
2. Reinstall windows.
3. Download and install Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and Thunderbird.
4. Don't be so fcuking daft next time. :PDT_Xtremez_14:

IE sucks. ::P:

P.s. if Beagle reads this, this is what we call sarcastic banter. You might not have it in your cloud cuckoo land !

M

mad_mo

I use IE7 and never had a problem with it.

But by the sound of your problem, somethings corrupted and yes I think you need to unistall it.

E

Edzar

IE, any version, is pump IMHO

Go here http://www.avantbrowser.com/ and download Avant Browser and use that instead.
It works very similarly to IE but without the problems and it gets updated regularly:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
I found IE7 to be a complte pain in the @rse.

Uninstall it.

Me too - IE7 is a complete sack of poo - microsoft have a habit of issuing sh!t that doesn't work as advertised.

I installed Mozill Firefox far more stable and much more user friendly and more secure

Mozilla Thunderbird is an excellent email program too

They are both free to download from mozilla.com

Hu

P

PandA

would really depend on the error message you are getting as well - if you post it we may be able to help but .............................

IE7 is really a bag of spanners, its buggy and full of exploits and holes, far easier and safer to download and install firefox, tabbed browsing etc

download from here http://www.firefox.co.ee/uk/

to uninstall IE7 just go to control panel/add remove programs select windows IE7 and remove, (you will be returned back to a default ie6).

hope this helps

F

FairyGoodGuy

Bin IE7

Bin IE7

Totally agree with all the other replies... Bin IE7 and either reinstall IE6 or go for Firefox....

M

monobrow

Firefox everytime....

even have a little cubed effect when switching tabs. It's like rolling over a cube to the next side.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/4258/

for all those FF lovers :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Plus you can have add ons like footie scores live on the side bar, built in media player, in built FTP client.

Ohhhh and had a random crash on IE7 the other day, it started opening tab after tab after tab until crash. Antivirus and anti spam came up with nothing. Just a crap browser

P

plummasmate

just a quick one on this subject, if you are on bt broadband... (i found out the long labourious hard way) IE7 is not compatable with the service providers software and conflicts. in the end i had to convert back to IE6, hope that helps

M

mad_mo

just a quick one on this subject, if you are on bt broadband... (i found out the long labourious hard way) IE7 is not compatable with the service providers software and conflicts. in the end i had to convert back to IE6, hope that helps

Interesting post, Im with BT Broadband but I dont use their bumf software, I set up my connection manually and your best of doing it that way. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

P

plummasmate

are u using a wireles hub? if so how do u do that? (i'm blessed with the pc ability of an untrained chimp?)

M

mad_mo

are u using a wireles hub? if so how do u do that? (i'm blessed with the pc ability of an untrained chimp?)

That CD they send you with the hub, throw it away. Call Tech support, tell them the CD dose not work, plug the eithernet cable into your pc or laptop from the hub and let them do the rest via remote assistance.

You are then free of all that software crap they put on that cd,

P

plummasmate

cheers for that, i can finally get rid of some of the **** their cd has thrown all over my pc's drive

Back