• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Infected Laptop - XP Antivirus 2012

Quagmire

LAC
The doris has managed to get a virus on her laptop.:PDT_Xtremez_42:

It's XP Antivirus 2012. Looks quite realistic, but is a pain in the 4rse. I've googled out the geek pages for a fix, but most of them all recommend registry HKEY changes and I havent got the time or patience for it.

Any geeks out there know a good tool/fix that is easy to follow?

I cant understand how she got the fcuking thing, I installed up to date McAfee on it ages ago & it all seems up to date.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Some of them are very good at bypassing AV stuff,I got hit a while ago.First thing I'd ddo is bin McAfee & instal "Avast"...

To remove that virus,install & run this;

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Once that's ran & you've removed the infection,install Spybot SD & Sandboxie.These run in the background,Spybot will monitor your PC in the background as will Sandbox,which will also allow you to quarantine suspect programmes in a sort of safe area,

http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

http://www.sandboxie.com/

Seriously tho,I'd bin McAfee.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Thanks for the link.
I use Adaware and I've had no trouble so far, although a "full scan" on my machine can take all night.

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I had the same thing on a new laptop I just bought but with Windows 7. I just ran a download from Stopzilla and that sorted it out.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Find an antivirus application that will run under Linux.

Download Puppy Linux and copy the .iso to a CD.

Boot the infected machine with the Puppy Linux disk and then run the AV application.

Note:

The Puppy Linux will not install, the OS will run from the system RAM.

M

monobrow

Did you buy the programme it sends yo to Mono?
Top of that page is an advert, you want to scroll down to where this section is...

Automated Removal Instructions for Win 7 Antispyware 2012, Vista Antivirus 2012, and XP Security 2012 using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

Don't buy any "pro" versions either. The free one will do the job.

Last edited:
W

wgaf

Dullard! That's an advert! Scroll down to where this section is...

Automated Removal Instructions for Win 7 Antispyware 2012, Vista Antivirus 2012, and XP Security 2012 using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
Gotcha!!!!!

Back