• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ipod - Outlook sync

I've had my ipod for a few years and had it up to set up that I received emails on it. I used to read the emails on the ipod knowing that it wasn't deleted from the hotmail server.

Now after an op system upgrade, emails that I delete on the ipod are deleted from the server and when I delete the messages from Outlook on the home computer they are deleted from the ipod....

I've tried a few setting adjustments unsuccessfully....... so is there a way of just dowloading emails to the ipod without affecting anything else?

TVM

jti

LAC
I'm no expert but I think using the POP 3 protocol will not delete from the server, while Microsoft Exchange and IMPT(?) will. Or there is a setting in mail to not delete from the server?

Ex Tg3

SAC
Using POP3 will more than likely download from the server to client (your pc or iPod) and remove the messages from the server. What you need to use is imap, whatever you do on the client will be reflected on the server, so you read a new email on your pc then check emails on iPod, the previously read email will be shown on iPod but will not be flagged as unread, likewise should you delete and email on the pc or iPod, it will be deleted on the server.

Back