• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is tg4 closed for now?

I recently left the RAF and was the old tg3/4, and joined the civilian firebrigade, as much as I like my current job, i miss the raf lifestyle. Mades ome enquiries about re-joining the trade as i've only been out 7 months and theres word that the trade is closed until april next year.

Can anyone confirm this?

Many thanks

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Well, well, well.... Looks like sliding down those poles with all those greased up bum boys made you realise how good you had it?!

In all seriousness, the rumour mongerers may be right, they may have their quota for the financial year, or they might be teaching you a lesson for leaving the bosom of her maj'...!

Ha ha yeah chumpzilla i'd say lesson learnt!!

I'm waiting on a friend from admin to get me a little more gen, but would love to go back in maybe even a different trade, but i could'nt take a drop in pay so that may be the sticking point!

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
There is no such thing as a closed trade, just one that is "oversubscribed" in the modern recruiting system and there are a lot of "oversubscribed" trades right now including TG4.

pomp101

LAC
well ive come out TG4 within the last few months, and before a month was out i had a call asking if i wanted to come back, so it cant be that full ........

Well hopefrully i can get an answer sometime soon so i can make a decision from that, hopefully it would be a smooth transistion back in

Mug?

Flight Sergeant

I'm waiting on a friend from admin to get me a little more gen, but would love to go back in maybe even a different trade, but i could'nt take a drop in pay so that may be the sticking point![/QUOTE]

Where would you come back in as? SAC's start in the lower band now.

Last edited:
W

Wing boy

I'm waiting on a friend from admin to get me a little more gen, but would love to go back in maybe even a different trade, but i could'nt take a drop in pay so that may be the sticking point![/QUOTE]

Where would you come back in as? SAC's are all in the lower band now.

Do you have some gen there Mug? If so please share it.

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
well ive come out TG4 within the last few months, and before a month was out i had a call asking if i wanted to come back, so it cant be that full ........

You're already trained so you wouldn't be taking a place at a Trade Training Unit, I suspect they are all full at the moment due to the huge recruiting push over the last 12 months. I haven't heard of a huge push for new instructors at our school and we were horribly undermanned, the Schools are probably wondering what to do with all the bods they have right now without more coming through the door.

Back