• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Itunes help

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I keep getting the following error when I try to do stuff on itunes:

"We could not complete your itunes store request. The network connection was reset. Make sure your network is active and try again."

It appears to happen randomly, sometimes I can download no problems...

I did a bit of googling and and some solutions suggest tinkering with the network settings, but mine were already as suggested by the fixes....

Can anybody suggest anything in advance?????

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Just an idea. Check security settings. If necessary, add i tunes to the trusted sites list under tools/internet options. sounds like "computer says no".

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I take it you've checked your device is up to date?

Try syncing it more often as well.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yup, all up to date. Can browse the store no problems, just wont connect to download?

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Obvious but.....your wifi is on isn't it?!!

My iPhone does the "can't connect" every now and again. I just turn off iTunes and then try again. It usually works then. But it's so far and few between that I live with it.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Obvious but.....your wifi is on isn't it?!!

My iPhone does the "can't connect" every now and again. I just turn off iTunes and then try again. It usually works then. But it's so far and few between that I live with it.

Yes its on. Get the problem on both the phone and pc.

Trusty Adjusty

Corporal
Are you in an area with pump download speed? I have a similar problem when downloading larger files off app store - it will start downloading then chin it off halfway or less through. It happens with updates as well (again, a larger file) but never with smaller files like individual tracks or small(er) apps. The only thing I can think is that because the tinterweb speed here is monumentally slow, the connection is lost whilst downloading for longer periods of time. On a higher speed download you wouldn't get this because the file would take considerably less time to transfer.

Only a punt - if you've got a decent download speed I haven't got a clue!

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Yes its on. Get the problem on both the phone and pc.

It must be your router/net connection then.
You have 2 separate iTunes and they both do it. Common theme is your net connection.

I did find this bit of guidance purely for the iPhone:

.Software Problems
The most common problems related to connections and restores are software problems. Software problems can occur when iTunes or the Mobile Device Support drivers become corrupted. These drivers now come packaged with iTunes.
The solution to these problems is actually the same. Some common problems which can indicate a software issue are as follows:
Plugging the iPhone into the USB port does not have any effect.
iTunes gives an error on restore.
iTunes will not load properly.
iTunes gives an error when it is launched.
iPhone does not appear in devices list in iTunes.
Most of the above indicate a software problem. Some of the above could be either hardware or software related. Below are a list of solutions to try, in order. These solutions will typically resolve most software related problems with the iPhone:
Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button and the home button down for 10 seconds.
Uninstall iTunes completely.
Uninstall the Mobile Device Support Drivers.
Install the latest version of iTunes from the iTunes website.
Ensure you have a valid internet connection. (Common problem when iPhone cannot connect to iTunes store).

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Has any of your banking details changed card or account (ie alliance and leicester being taken over by santander)

Back