• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

jaguar gr3 help.

• Thread starter Thread starter reclinebutton6
  • Start date Start date
R

reclinebutton6

i have been tasked to rob a main undercarriage door from a defunct jag gr3. the doors are closed (and gear is down)which is normal config, is there a manual release to drop the door so i can get to the nuts on the inside, as i mentioned this a/c not in service with no hydraulics/electrics or anything. what i need to find is a mechanical release lever and some sort of handpump facility, any advice ?

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
Not touched Jags since 98, but as far as I can remember, you should find a hand pump on one of the undercarriage doors attached to the main U/C (port I think), switch the U/C doors from closed to open, this done via a switch above the ground power input, the pump handle should be screwed into a pump somewhere between the port airbrake and the port ventral fin, it's a hole that looks like it's been squashed, around 2 inches in dia and you'll be able to see the end of the pump in there, screw in handle and pump away, can't remember if you need battery power on for that.
Like I say, the last time I touched a Jag was in '98, so I may be slightly wrong.

G

gemarriott

If you get really stuck you can borrow nancy the knocker for a few beers:PDT_Xtremez_14:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
i have been tasked to rob a main undercarriage door from a defunct jag gr3. the doors are closed (and gear is down)which is normal config, is there a manual release to drop the door so i can get to the nuts on the inside, as i mentioned this a/c not in service with no hydraulics/electrics or anything. what i need to find is a mechanical release lever and some sort of handpump facility, any advice ?

You will need DC power from the battery and hydraulics from the left hand side system (No 1) hand pump (situated in the front of the left hand engine bay with a slot in the keel for the handle.. The doors are held shut by uplocks on frame 20 (front of the U/C bay. The uplocks are designed to be hydraulically broken and supply is from the U/C selector (electrically controlled from Dave's ground servicing selector switch). I have never heard of or seen the locks being broken mechanically. That said, somebody propably has done it.

Is the aircraft in one piece ?

Connect Battery, select battery master (on a small panel on the right hand side of the cockpit under the sill), select doors to open and pump.

Jaguar Battery was the same as a Puma I believe.

Last edited:

Cureton

LAC
jag gr3 help

jag gr3 help

You could try using the undercarriage "emergency undercarriage handle", this by-passes the electrical circuit, but you would still need an intact hydraulic system, both undercarriage and number 2 system, as the Jag emergency system uses the no 2 system to lower the gear, not nitrogen like other aircraft. ( no2 system, right hand "hand pump")

S

spencer the fencer

You could try using the undercarriage "emergency undercarriage handle", this by-passes the electrical circuit, but you would still need an intact hydraulic system, both undercarriage and number 2 system, as the Jag emergency system uses the no 2 system to lower the gear, not nitrogen like other aircraft. ( no2 system, right hand "hand pump")

As far as I can remember from my Jag Liney days (1980's) everything that every one has said is correct but you need to know where the hand pump handle is. It is located on the door that is attached to the Left undercarriage leg. Hope this helps.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
As far as I can remember from my Jag Liney days (1980's) everything that every one has said is correct but you need to know where the hand pump handle is. It is located on the door that is attached to the Left undercarriage leg. Hope this helps.

Spencer, I think Cureton was talking about the Emergency Blowdown Handle, not the hand pump handle.

R

reclinebutton6

gr3 jag.

gr3 jag.

ta again guy`s , i will have a play about with it.

genghis

Liney 'till I die
Subscriber

The Hyd Pump handle used to be where Spencer the Fencer said, but later on they moved the handle into the Bungs and Blanks bag in the AV compartment (within the nose). This was because they were losing too many handles in flight when the UC was down.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
The Hyd Pump handle used to be where Spencer the Fencer said, but later on they moved the handle into the Bungs and Blanks bag in the AV compartment (within the nose). This was because they were losing too many handles in flight when the UC was down.

To my knowledge not one hyd pump handle was lot when I was on Jags, 92-98. The handle was always where Spencer said it was.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..

Yeph. So was the No 8 screwdriver moved into the bungs and blanks bag. Stored in a sealed poly bag and never to be used except by the Jockey when required. Amazing how many holes you would find in those bags...

morse1001

Sergeant
Spoke to my young brother who was a FLM on jags at both Laarbruch and Colt. he was saying that just in front of the door on the port side in the door panel and just in front of the airbrake there is the hydrualic pumping point. But you do need a hydraluic handle and power.

he did mention, that since the Jag does not have power or hydralics, then a crowbar could be used to force open the Door!

But basically, in its present condition, you are F****d!

Back