• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

job Research Associate/ Development Engineer

Hi Guys

I have a new position being established within my company for a new division that we are in the early process of setting up.

The post is for a Research Associate / Development Engineer for a period of 12 months based at Heriot Watt University Edinburgh to work on a patented electro-mechanical device to be used for the non-invasive testing of building drainage systems. A working prototype already exists and the post holder will be the expected to advance the design of the device to a pre-production prototype and to validate this design by laboratory investigation and on-site testing.

After the 12 months the position will be moved to work for my company in Hove East Sussex. This position is a permanent post. It is expected that the post holder will then be the technical expert for this system. There is good potential for travel, supervising the instillation of the system, mainly in the UK, US, Europe and Australia. Do not worry as these trips would typically be less than two weeks in duration.

What I am looking for is an ex Fairy with good radar experience and very good understanding of radar theory especially wave theory. A good understanding of transducers would also be an advantage.

Ideally you should have a HND, but if you have been in a development position experience is also key. I am looking for guys with a minimum 12 years in and for JT (I am an ex JT) to SGT coming out at 22 years.

Pay for the position is 35K with benefits etc

We are looking to have someone in place Jan 2009.

So if you are interested PM me

Back