• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jobcard terminology.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I vaguely remember that during my mechs course we were taught about paperwork terminology.
I know that the 5A1 has reference to replace, refit etc etc.
Where can I find reference to SI's, STI's, UTI's, MODS etc?
I know that SI's are carried out, STI's are satisfied, MODS are embodied, but where is the definitive reference for this?
I have had a nose around in the JAP but as of yet it hasnt jumped out at me.
Any ideas?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I vaguely remember that during my mechs course we were taught about paperwork terminology.
I know that the 5A1 has reference to replace, refit etc etc.
Where can I find reference to SI's, STI's, UTI's, MODS etc?
I know that SI's are carried out, STI's are satisfied, MODS are embodied, but where is the definitive reference for this?
I have had a nose around in the JAP but as of yet it hasnt jumped out at me.
Any ideas?

You remember correctly Mr Masher all the above seems correct. From my failing memory a lot of this tight definition stuff was lost/dumped/ignored when the 100A and 100B was absorbed by the JAP. This is a certain Trekkies area he knows more than most about the nitty gritty of paperwork definitions and where if anywhere it's hiding now.

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
After my latest wrestle with the JAP I know where to find any paperwork required to build a whole new F700C. Anything else and I'm no use to man nor beast, brain on the fritz at the moment.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
After my latest wrestle with the JAP I know where to find any paperwork required to build a whole new F700C. Anything else and I'm no use to man nor beast, brain on the fritz at the moment.

I've been there myself this week!:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Hopefully mr slog will be in sometime to enlighten me!

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
Several years ago, before the introduction of Tri-Service Policy and Regulations through the JAP100A-01, the paperwork regulations were generally held in AP100A-01, AP100B-01 and the MOD Form 700 Instruction for Use pages. These regulations used to stipulate that, with regards to Service Issued Instructions, there was regulated terminology that had to be used i.e. an STI was satisfied, a PWI was carried out, etc. With the demise of the AP100A-01 (AP100B-01 is still extant for single service issues) and the introduction of the JAP, the use of the exact terminology was discontinued for Special Instructions Technical (UTI, RTI, STI, SI). Therefore the tradesman can use any of the terms i.e. “Carried Out” or “Satisfied” for certification of a SI(T).

However, there is still a required to use the term “Embodied” whenever the installation of a modification is carried out (JAP100A-01, Chap 10.2, Paras 1 & 7 and Chap 7.2, Para 11 refers).

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
For embodiment see here, para 7.5.

For a whole load of other terms see here.

I'm loving your links, both go straight to the front page of the JAP!!:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Cheers Cap'n Sloggy, I thought that might be the case.
I was looking specifically at ALTI's (Aviation Local Technical Instructions) and the terminology that should be used when signing for carrying out that instruction.
I found in the JAP 100A-01, Chap 10.5.6 the info on ALTI's but nowhere does it state the terminology to be used on the shop floor when carrying out the instruction.

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm loving your links, both go straight to the front page of the JAP!!:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Cheers Cap'n Sloggy, I thought that might be the case.
I was looking specifically at ALTI's (Aviation Local Technical Instructions) and the terminology that should be used when signing for carrying out that instruction.
I found in the JAP 100A-01, Chap 10.5.6 the info on ALTI's but nowhere does it state the terminology to be used on the shop floor when carrying out the instruction.

Ooops, fixed the links now MM.

Back