• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just a few questions

H

Hydey96

Hi, my name is matt and I am 14 years old wanting to in the future be a pilot in the RAF, as gcse's I have chosen history and geography which I am very good at (in my opinion) and business which I don't like very much and just chose because I thought it would look good on my CV, I have been a cadet at 1855 squadron royton for a year and 3 month. I'm not going to go on about what I've done as a cadet because most of you have been there done that, I was just wondering, have you any advice for me such as how to get to being a pilot, for example I was thinking of when I'm 15 ringing up the rectuirment line and telling them I'm interested, is it worth aiming for uni?
I may not have worded my question in a very good way but I hope it is good enough for somebody to understand and answer, also this site is awesome google just lost a customer lol.
Secondly, do you ever get used to G forces as a pilot, I've been flying in a grob tutor 4 times now (never vomited) and that only pulls about 2 G? Then you get pilots doing 5 G I was just wondering if they are ''used to it''
Thanks for reading :)

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Ring the recruitment line now is the best bet, they can help with suggestions on what you can do. If you're a cadet then you should have AFCO staff visiting every six months or so to talk to you, if they aren't coming down ask your Squadron staff if they could try and arrange it for you. There is also a dedicated recruitment forum on this site, the mods are in the process of updating the whole site at the moment so I don't know if it's accessible at the moment but it used to be linked off the home page.

Being a pilot isn't all about grades though, a huge part of the selection process is about extra curricular activities. Don't just rely on the ATC though as a lot of interviewers don't understand just how much commitment can be involved in being a cadet and they like to see other things that you do in the community as well.

H

Hydey96

Thank you for your info mate ill ask our oc tonight, sorry if its a pointless reply just wanted to show im grateful for your reply.