• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kindle Connectivity

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Does anyone know if you can sync a Kindle using a USB cable or does the Kindle have to be connected by wifi? My Kindle broke down here in FLK and needing to get a new one but don't really want to shell out for the 3G one if I don't have to.

gray

Sergeant
I'm not sure if you can download books to your PC from your Amazon account, but if you can, then try using Calibre to transfer them from PC to Kindle.

https://calibre-ebook.com/

Edit: Similar to MMs' reply above. Didn't follow the link initially.... Calibre is easier to use (I find) and you can also transfer open source books too.

Last edited:

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Does anyone know if you can sync a Kindle using a USB cable or does the Kindle have to be connected by wifi? My Kindle broke down here in FLK and needing to get a new one but don't really want to shell out for the 3G one if I don't have to.

Can't you connect to local WiFi.

I didnt buy a kindle, just a cheap tablet that runs the kindle app. All my books (over 100) are loaded onto this. The bonus is I can also play games if I want to. I quite often syn kindle on my computer with a usb cable. I can also download from amazon.

iainrm

Corporal
just connect using usb PC should see it as external drive then cut and paste.
If you want more books pm me and I will dropbox them for you or any one else who needs ebooks.

Back