• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

L tech ar:trade group two:pay band three

• Thread starter Thread starter 252
  • Start date Start date

Greetings pondlife,i left the service in 89 as JT L TECH AR.

At the time i was Trade group 2:Pay band 3.

Now that my heroic rank is no more can anybody tell me what Tradegroup and Payscale that would be now?.

Thanks in advance 252.

Oberon305

Chairborne
Hi 252

No such thing as AR anymore, we're all ATAV's in TG1 and a JT/SAC(Tech) is paid between £24,074-£28,939.

Hope that helps!:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Hi Oberon305

Thanks for replying,have you any idea what end of that scale it would be if i had been a JT when things changed and was still a JT now(a most probable senario)

I am a war pensioner and am trying to find out what my maximum earnings
can be before it affects my Lower Standard of Living Allowance.

Was told by Veterans Agency in 3 Feb 2005 that my equivilent wage was
24,624 Quid a year so guess it must be nearer the top end now.

P.S. thanks for your support in the introductions forum,it would seem that
"sense of humour failure"is still alive and well in a small proportion of todays troops.

Thanks again 252

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
As long as you are recommended for promotion you can get up to the higher level of £28000. There are 9 pay levels for SAC/JT and the top 2 are the same as the bottom 2 for Cpls, so you have to have a minimum of a Rec to get there (although the appraisel system has changed now as well but you don't need to know that). You go up a level every year as long as there is a level you are eligible to move into available, so I would say from your previous post about always being a JT the answer to your question is probably not:PDT_Xtremez_26:but if you could have got that recommended then yes.

Thanks JOE 90

That tells me i probably woudnt be classed as 8or 9.

To try another tack,do you(or anybody else) know what the pay rises for junior ranks have been in percentages from(and including)2005 to the present day?

Thanks for your help 252

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
To be fair you probably would have made level 9, I know of at least one Chief who felt sorry for a lad and took on his assessment as the Snec was going to, quite rightly, crucify him. I don't know what it was like in your day but assessment creep became so bad in the mid to late nineties that they were almost meaningless, mediocre JTs bitching because they hadn't received Spec Recs and the like.

Back