• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lammy says "Make some noise"

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mr Lammy wants people to stomp their feet and wants UK military personnel to beep their car horns and bang pots together to send a morale boosting message to Ukraine.

Lammy's "Make Noise" campaign urges soldiers to 'make some noise like playing an instrument, singing, chanting, clapping, stomping your feet or honking your car horn'.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Is this the 2024 version of clapping for the NHS and public sector workers then telling them they wont be getting a pay rise when inflation is double digits?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Is this the 2024 version of clapping for the NHS and public sector workers then telling them they wont be getting a pay rise when inflation is double digits?

The NHS clapping thing was a bit odd to be honest but not half as daft as Lammy's idea.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
The NHS clapping thing was a bit odd to be honest but not half as daft as Lammy's idea.
I didn't buy into it one bit.

Apart from back then having just lost both my parents within 7 days of each other (allegedly CV19 - death certificates chose the language carefully) I seen the 'gesture' for what it was.

An empty set of platitudes as a smoke screen for not paying the Nurses properly.

It also highlighted the folk I needed to cut out of my life, namely the ones that would glare and bitch about others who didn't stand on their doorstep participating in such bullshit.

Fucking married patch bullshit I'm please to have left behind a long time ago.

Deltaitem

Corporal
I believe it was. Maybe they view it as a back-handed way of getting us to support all of the hot air the politicians typically come out with :-)

Allflapnofly

Corporal
Lammy's theme and walk on tune (whilst he's currently Foreign Secretary) should be Noddy Holder bangin' out 'Get down and get with it' as featured on the old classic 'Slade Alive' album....

UlsterExile

Sergeant
He'd be better off giving them what they need and taking the shackles off any equipment they already have so it can be used anywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!

Back