• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lap top screen

mememe

Corporal
Just opened the lappy and found the screen cracked..Little me denies having touched it...yeh right! I can still see just about everything but it looks pretty bad. Any idea how much it will be to fix or is it f***ed.
Thanks.

Obi Wan

Sergeant
Methinks this is F****d, the repair cost may well be more than a replacement Lap Top. :PDT_Xtremez_34:

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
Laptop screens are quite easy to replace and dependant on make/model are not too expensive.

I would agree with the previous posters though, if your laptop is more than a few years old.

I sourced a OEM glossy 15.6" widescreen for a work-mate's daughter's 3-month old HP laptop for £60 (HP wanted £280).

JFOM

Trekkie Nerd
Actually, I was very surprised at how easy they are to replace. Just unscrew, pop the sides and disconnect two wires, pull screen, put new screen in, plug two wires, pop the case and screw in. Very easy and took 20 mins.

My screen was for an old laptop that had been broken by my two terrors. It had belonged to my father-in-law who had recently died, so my wife was very upset.

I ended up buying a glossy screen for just shy of £100. Because it was glossy, it ended up in my view as an upgrade and I now have a very happy better half!

View here for how to do it
And the screen was bought from www.laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk/

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Had one picked up, taken away and brough back, and for a 15" glossy HP packard it was around £160.

B

Burt

A few years ago I repaired laptops for a living (best job I ever had in civvy street!) but anyway the most expensive bit was usually the display, very easy job to replace them though.

Back