• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Laptop output to HDTV

robetere

LAC
I want to use my HDTV as a monitor for my laptop I have connected my TV with a VGA output.

The question I'm asking is how do I get the HDTV to be the Primary monitor, or display the same as whats on the laptop screen. As at the moment it is acting as an extended destop.

G

georgeios

It should just be a case of pluging your cable in, however it will only be an SDTV out put (Standard Def) I got the HDMI - AV Cable and it is better, it can act as an upscaler. if you down load HD Films they prob will not play in full HD from your laptop unless you have an HDDVD Player, just upscaled (Better quality than SD) :PDT_Xtremez_08:

Im round the twist with the whole HD carry on, got and xbox 360 awsome bit of kit but i need another add on to play HD DVDS how pants.

Last edited:

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
What operating system are you using and what graphics card/driver do you have.

I’ll assume win2k or higher

If you have a intel 94* series graphics card/accelerator in your laptop all you need to do is right click on the desktop to bring up the display properties then select the settings tab, select advanced and there should then be a tab for the intel graphics media accelerator. Select that tab and go to graphics properties. You can then select what combination you want your displays, ie both displaying the desktop or the TV as the primary and the lap top as an extended desktop. Other cards/accelerators will be slightly different but you need to access those properties rather than just trying to switch displays in the basic settings tab of display properties.

robetere

LAC
I've got a ATI 200M graphics adapter. I'm running windows XP. I've tried searching though different options just can't see an option to make it the primary.

Last edited:
Back