• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LITS Extensions

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I have a question for all you LITS gurus out there with regards to extensions.

Due to the weather we have had to extend an Aircraft Wash and the aircraft is due to go on ops for a few months. The original wash was due in Feb but when I try to do the extension it calculates it from today.

So my question is how do I do the extension on LITS so its extended from its original date of Feb?

Working on an aircraft that has only just gone on LITS is a fecking nightmare as so I plead with you old hats to help this noob out.

Cheers Lars

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
FFS I detail you to do one simple job and you have to ask for help. Pathetic. It's noted and will be reflected in your next SJAR.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Sorry Chief. However, working under a SNCO that has feck all clue about LITS I thought I would ask the general goat republic rather than bother you as you're too busy making yourself busy and showing off to the boss.

Sorted it by the way. I didn't realise that LITS is more cleverer than I gave it credit for.

M

monobrow

IIRC you raise the oops as normal, but before co-ordinating it you click the extention button (bottom right somewhere in the "bank" of buttons. There you put in a percentage or days extension before co-ordinating.

Unlike a rigger SNCO who raised the life-ex of a tornado to extend it and ended up disposing of left and right wing together with the front center and rear fuselage. That's what happens when you raise it and clear it just adding into the work done "Extension 5%"

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Working on an aircraft that has only just gone on LITS is a fecking nightmare as so I plead with you old hats to help this noob out...

Hehehehe, dump LITS and get WRAM, it'll let you do anything and rather easily :PDT_Xtremez_19:... and if you fudge it up it's quite easy to sort out too.

Sorry, that didn't help at all did it. :PDT_Xtremez_26:
All these feckin IT systems seem to have done is add to our workload, I know for a fact that my workload has increased by at least 75% ever since we were initially on LITS for a few years before moving over to WRAM. They're a real pain in the 'arris IMO so I hope they really, really, really do help the various IPTs 'forecast' the need for various spares which I think is a big fat lie 'cos we (on the Sea King fleet) seem to have less spares than ever before :PDT_Xtremez_25:

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
It's no longer 'Green Screen' command line entries but has a rather fancy 'Windows type' GUI which makes it far more user friendly. :PDT_Xtremez_14:

meagain

LAC
LITS v WRAM

LITS v WRAM

Hehehehe, dump LITS and get WRAM, it'll let you do anything and rather easily :PDT_Xtremez_19:... and if you fudge it up it's quite easy to sort out too.

Sorry, that didn't help at all did it. :PDT_Xtremez_26:
All these feckin IT systems seem to have done is add to our workload, I know for a fact that my workload has increased by at least 75% ever since we were initially on LITS for a few years before moving over to WRAM. They're a real pain in the 'arris IMO so I hope they really, really, really do help the various IPTs 'forecast' the need for various spares which I think is a big fat lie 'cos we (on the Sea King fleet) seem to have less spares than ever before :PDT_Xtremez_25:

In what way is LITS difficult ? Its processes map the JAP and 100C procedures fairly closely. Apart from the initial data capture it certainly shouldn't be giving you any more work than was carried out before. I expect you've just inherited the work that used to be done by the people who were given up as manpower savings.

Sadly, the various IPTs make little if any routine use of LITS data other than feigning control of EIs, the only place that it is used well is on the fatigue calculations but that only apllies to 2 fleets now.

However having worked with both WRAM and LITS data, at least the LITS data looks vaguely plausible.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
So my question is how do I do the extension on LITS so its extended from its original date of Feb?

Working on an aircraft that has only just gone on LITS is a fecking nightmare as so I plead with you old hats to help this noob out.

Cheers Lars

Give me a ring on monday and I'll talk you through it mate, it is a piece of cake. Lits calculates the extension from the frequency, not from today.

Lits biggest fan :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Back