• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Media Player 11 trouble

tourettes

Corporal
Any advice is welcome on this one

When I try to open any kind of media file with Windows Media Player 11 my whole system grinds to a halt & according to my task manager the processor use shoots up to 100%.

Initially I thought that that it might be a conflict with Quicktime player, so I uninstalled that but still same prob.

Uninstalled & re-installed Media Player still the same problem.

Any suggestions?
Apart from using a large hammer that is

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Have you got a pukka gen copy of XP? Media player 11 only likes an original copy. If you ain't you will have to download a validation crack from Limewire or a torrent site.

Hope this helps

SCJ

M

monobrow

WMP11 likes crashing about every 4 times I launch it.... It's a pain in the arse but if you Ctrl+Alt+Del and find wmplayer in the processes end it and re-launch it usually works!

::D:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Have you service pack 2 downloaded?

Don't do it, I downloaded SP2 on Saturday night and my machine has locked into a windows explorer crash and restart cycle. Yes I downloaded the WGA update no problem. I have to wipe it and start again now :PDT_Xtremez_21:

tourettes

Corporal
Mono, its not just now and then it crashes, it does it every ferkin time I try to play a file.

Tried shutting it off through task manager when it tells me it is not responding, starting to think it may be worth taking it of and re-installing wmplayer 10, cause that worked without any problems.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
........ starting to think it may be worth taking it of and re-installing wmplayer 10, cause that worked without any problems.

I used to use MPlayer 9 cos I didnt have a proper copy of XP SP1. When I got my new lap top with pukker XP SP2 and MPlayer9, I down loaded 11 with the crack onto the old comp and It worked fine. With this I then put it on to the lap and all's well.

It looks like Mplayer 11 could be at fault. Try down loading another copy of MPlayer 11 with the validation Crack and see what happens.

If all fails, like you said go back to what you know to work.

SCJ

Back