• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Men having long hair in the military

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
These days, having ultraviolet hair, hand tats, a goatee, piercings etc is all completely mainstream.

Really!! you swim in a very different stream to me. My mates Mrs has bright blue hair, next doors grandson has visible tats everywhere (hands & face) and two ceramic polo mints in his ear lobes, I know an old bloke in his 70's with a goatee. Thinking about it I probably know less than 6 people who are in the particular mainstream you describe.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
My mates Mrs has bright blue hair, next doors grandson has visible tats everywhere (hands & face) and two ceramic polo mints in his ear lobes, I know an old bloke in his 70's with a goatee. Thinking about it I probably know less than 6 people who are in the particular mainstream you describe.

Do you think that mainstream is too definitive a word for it? Visible tattoos are definitely mainstream - approx 1 in 5 people has at least one tattoo (I've got at least 15). Ear piercings have been mainstream for decades, with male ear piercing becoming mainstream in 90s culture. Body piercing followed a decade later, and more recently facial piercings and body modifications are becoming common.

I'll accept that people's exposure to this sort of thing can be entirely dictated by their own lifestyle, and where they live (compare the Cotswolds to London, for example). The higher the polupation of an area, the more likely you are to be exposed to it. Even 10 years ago, there were people working in Tesco who had coloured hair, tattoos, piercings etc. Even a recent fast-food-outlet TV ad features a young woman with tats/piercings/'crazy hair'.

So yes, I would still say it's all mainstream, and becoming more so every day.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
[QUOTE.Even a recent fast-food-outlet TV ad features a young woman with tats/piercings/'crazy hair'.[/QUOTE]

And she looks feckin' horrible!

Webbo

Sergeant
And she looks feckin' horrible![/QUOTE]

In your opinion...............

Lions, Donkeys and Dinosaurs. Once the Dinosaurs are removed maybe we can move with the times.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
And she looks feckin' horrible!

In your opinion...............

Lions, Donkeys and Dinosaurs. Once the Dinosaurs are removed maybe we can move with the times.[/QUOTE]

Compared to the utter delight that is Rachel Riley........yes, the weird hair colour and tattoos do not a vision of loveliness make. You're not related are you?

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
How about everyone having bullet heads and collectively support Arsenal FC. While going into combat against the enemy shouting "Your gunna get yer F***ing head kicked in".:PDT_Xtremez_44:

Attachments

• th-8.jpeg
    th-8.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 0

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Really?! I've been shaving what was left of my hair (which wasn't much I can tell you) since 1986 down to a grade 1. No comments apart from one anal doctor who stated 'I don't like my troops looking like Royal Marines'.
Yes but I went from having hair down to my waist which I generally wore in a bun for work to a grade 3.

Hence needing to ask for pemission and it being deemed extreme.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back