• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Micro Management Max

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Quick question to you civvy bods.
Does the civvy equivalent of a LIM/ADF have to be scrutinised by the CAA for approval?

There are two kinds of Acceptable Deferred Defects (ADD's) in Civvy street. Airworthiness affecting (That require deferment to be in accordance with the Minimum Equipment List or Configuartion Deviation List (MEL or CDL) that the operator of the aircraft would have had approved by their respective NRA and tied to the manufacturers Master MEL. The non airworthiness would be to company policy on any thing not in the MEL and not declared a no dispatch item in the MEL pre amble usually (cabin defects not involving seats, cracked trim etc). In my company, they equate to B (air worthiness) or C (non airworthiness). B defects will have deferment times ranging from after next flight to a main base/cease days flying for the most restrictive to several months for the lowest. Usually it will be 3 or 10 days). C defects is receipt of spares, usual company policy is 120 days if possible, if spares and time to do are available. CAA approvel MELs fop the AOC of the operator, and audit periodically, not get involved with everything. Why do you ask?

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Cheers ILLKC there has been a directive sent out from CAMO that all Reds and Green entries be sent to them for scrutiny. I was interested to see if this was to come in line with Civvystrasse. It seems not, and to be just a case of micro management. What interests me is that there is a system of reply letting the CAMO approve or reject the entry.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Cheers ILLKC there has been a directive sent out from CAMO that all Reds and Green entries be sent to them for scrutiny. I was interested to see if this was to come in line with Civvystrasse. It seems not, and to be just a case of micro management. What interests me is that there is a system of reply letting the CAMO approve or reject the entry.

Anything we raise must be notified up to our line maintenance control, so planning for further investigation or pencilling in for the rectification can be done. I have sometimes enquired with our duty manager on items that are not MEL and are airworthiness for direction. As for the others the Management will see them as a matter of course for trends. I can only assume you work for a RAF aligned PART 145 Org or a MAOS 145?

Last edited:
Back