• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Migraines

Eloise

LAC
Hello,

I am currently going through the application process for the role of Police Officer and am awaiting an email for my first interview. I have been sent an attachment medical form to fill out. I have previously suffered from migraines, however I only get them once a year, if that, and was wondering if this would prevent me from having a successful application?

Thank you

Eloise

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Hello,

I am currently going through the application process for the role of Police Officer and am awaiting an email for my first interview. I have been sent an attachment medical form to fill out. I have previously suffered from migraines, however I only get them once a year, if that, and was wondering if this would prevent me from having a successful application?

Thank you

Eloise

Migraines don't necessarily bar you from most branches and trades, apart from jobs like Aircrew. You don't state how badly you suffer from them or if you take any prescribed medication. However, only a qualified medical professional at OASC can make a decision about whether or not you have a condition that may debar you from service. My advice is to discuss this with the AFCO staff. Take any medical notes you may have with you and ask them to liaise with Occ Med at Cranwell. They will give you an answer as to whether there is a problem or not.

Good luck.

Back