• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Missus wants to join

F

Fabregas

I am in the RAF at the moment and am quite happy!

So much so, my missus has decided to join me too. So I have a few questions if she decides to take it up:

- Does my married quarter entitlement get a boost, ie.e. can I get a higher grade house?
- She wants to be pers admin (or support as it is now), where is the trade training and how long is it? Have any of you recently experienced it?
- How does co-location work? Does it mean if we both apply for the same base, we get priority over others?
- Will we recieve any help from the RAF for childcare? I have a 2 year old son

I'm not in work for a while, so thats why i'm asking you guys!

Thanks in advance.

Drill Bit

Sergeant

So much so, my missus has decided to join me too. So I have a few questions if she decides to take it up:

- Does my married quarter entitlement get a boost, ie.e. can I get a higher grade house? NOPE

- She wants to be pers admin (or support as it is now), where is the trade training and how long is it? Have any of you recently experienced it? Southwick Park....... I think.

- How does co-location work? Does it mean if we both apply for the same base, we get priority over others? Not sure if colocation exists anymore; I may be wrong. The default line will be 'service needs will take priority'.

- Will we recieve any help from the RAF for childcare? I have a 2 year old son What do you mean by help?

Thanks in advance

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts

- Does my married quarter entitlement get a boost, ie.e. can I get a higher grade house?
- She wants to be pers admin (or support as it is now), where is the trade training and how long is it? Have any of you recently experienced it?
- How does co-location work? Does it mean if we both apply for the same base, we get priority over others?
- Will we recieve any help from the RAF for childcare? I have a 2 year old son

Thanks in advance.

SFA - No Boost.
TT - Southwick Park, changed a lot since my day so no comment.
Colocation - The RAF will try to keep you within 50 miles of each other, Pers Support is a very flexible trade with regards postings and the lower the rank you both are the easier it is - some drafters may use it to get you to go to hard to fill locations.
Childcare - Other than cheap(er) on base child care and the fact that both of you can claim for vouchers there's no other help here.