• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mobile phone network in Ukraine?

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
Doers anyone know what mobile phone networks are available in the Ukraine? Ran a search but I could only find stuff about their own network, doesn't say if any of our phone would work on it though.

One of the girls staying with me this year will have her 12th birthday while she's here so I was thinking of getting her a camera phone, not an expensive one. Not sure what would work out there though, T-mobile, orange, virgin etc, any ideas?

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!
I would go to somewhere like carphone warehouse and ask there, Im sure they could find out and offer you advice. Other than that wouldnt have a scooby Im afraid!

Larwm

LAC
Doers anyone know what mobile phone networks are available in the Ukraine? Ran a search but I could only find stuff about their own network, doesn't say if any of our phone would work on it though.

One of the girls staying with me this year will have her 12th birthday while she's here so I was thinking of getting her a camera phone, not an expensive one. Not sure what would work out there though, T-mobile, orange, virgin etc, any ideas?

Try this web site

http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/index.shtml

I think in Ukraine will need a Tri Band phone

Hope this helps

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
I would go to somewhere like carphone warehouse and ask there, Im sure they could find out and offer you advice. Other than that wouldnt have a scooby Im afraid!

Just got off the phone with their support team. First off the guy had no idea where the Ukraine was :pDT_Xtremez_17: then said that I'd need to buy a sim card for the ukrainian mobile network but I couldn't buy that in the UK, she would have to buy one out there or else the phone wouldn't work. He couldn't say what network they have but he said they would have one. According to him all our networks are UK based.

So how come people go abroad and their phones still work?

T93

Sergeant
Just got off the phone with their support team. First off the guy had no idea where the Ukraine was :pDT_Xtremez_17: then said that I'd need to buy a sim card for the ukrainian mobile network but I couldn't buy that in the UK, she would have to buy one out there or else the phone wouldn't work. He couldn't say what network they have but he said they would have one. According to him all our networks are UK based.

So how come people go abroad and their phones still work?

Just ignore him and buy a UK mobile. She will be able to make calls to the Ukraine.

Most operators have roaming agreements.

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
On the link Larwm's given it's got this

United Kingdom
spacer.gif
O2 (UK) Limited
GSM 900/1800
Live
spacer.gif
O2 (UK) Limited
3G 2100
Live
spacer.gif
Orange PCS Ltd
GSM 1800
Live
spacer.gif
Orange PCS Ltd
3G 2100
Live
spacer.gif
T-Mobile (UK) Limited
3G 2100
Live
spacer.gif
T-Mobile (UK) Limited
GSM 1800
Live
spacer.gif
VODAFONE Ltd
3G 2100
Live
spacer.gif
VODAFONE Ltd
GSM 900/1800
Live
spacer.gif
Hutchison 3G UK Ltd
3G 2100
Live

Does that mean any of those networks will work out there?

P

pie sandwich

The best thing to do would be buy a cheap pay as you go mobile, then have it unlocked, this will mean she can get hold of a Ukraine sim card and use it with her phone.
All the calls you make on a uk phone when on holiday go via that countries mobile network then routed back to the uk, then they charge a small fortune. Most phones are tri or quad band meaning they can be used in any country but locked to a service provider, if it is unlocked it will still work out there just under a different network.

I wouldn't get a phone that is locked to a uk based provider, because every call she makes over there will be billed as if it going via the uk. So a ten second call to her mum will cost £30 or something daft.

Last edited:

Larwm

LAC
I don't know what all that GSM etc means.

What network does the phone have?

It looks like all the UK providers have roaming partners.

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
I don't know what all that GSM etc means.

What network does the phone have?

It looks like all the UK providers have roaming partners.

I don't know what it means either, that list is the roaming partners for the Ukraine network.

I haven't got the phone yet as don't know what to get.

Pie, It'll be a pay as you go phone as I won't even get my own kids contract.

So I have to make sure the phone isn't locked.

T93

Sergeant
I don't know what it means either, that list is the roaming partners for the Ukraine network.

I haven't got the phone yet as don't know what to get.

Pie, It'll be a pay as you go phone as I won't even get my own kids contract.

So I have to make sure the phone isn't locked.

LQ,

If you need any further assistance/info just let me know.

I work in the industry.

btw: We are in for One huge thunderstorm here. I think its time to head home.

Minor

SAC
I found Ukraines Mobile networks. It the only one which works as the others just cant be trusted.

cupandstring.jpg