• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

More trade amalgamation

HPLO

LAC
Heard a nice little rumour the other day. Now the main aircraft trades have been mixed together it seems the powers that be have gone absolutly barking. It would seem the latest in a raft of crazy ideas is to merge the plumbers and squippers together into one happy trade. Anyone know anymore about this?

Twiggles

LAC
Thats been doing the rounds since multi-skilling started. Aint gonna happen. Can't see the bomb heads doing any pretty stitching XD

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My old Chief told me this story has been doing the rounds since the 1970s when he joined up!

Saying that, I don't think it would be hard for Plumbers to cross trade - Squippers may have a tougher time though.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Stitching and sewing would have nicely added to my skill set. And just think of the slabs for wallets and bags n stuff.

sumps

Sergeant
isn't this the ever reoccurring “Bring back the TRS2 Super-Tech” chant? those guys got about as much good press as YTS and AMM’s put togother.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Am I the only one giggling slightly inside imagining all the girlies who work in SES getting upset because they broke a nail cocking a bomb on, before retiring to the crew room to see who can drink the most sick?

D

DF4ever

I do miss armourers. Sadly, I work on a sqn that has none!! Real shame, however I've had to accept becoming a fairy so you lot need to join the party and strap on to that sewing machine!!!! Enjoy...

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
I imagine if plumbers and squippers amalgamated, just like avionics and electrical techies, they'll still carry on doing their own thing. It just means you need fewer management to admimister them.

Back