• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MP3 ID3 tags.....

• Thread starter Thread starter monobrow
  • Start date Start date
M

monobrow

Reeeeet, A thread about iTunes reminded me of something to ask of the wider community....

I have a borrowed removable hard disk at the moment, with 150gigs of music for our studio. Only trouble is, we never had an internet connection when most of these were ripped, so most are just labeled by file name. Not very good when someone rings in a request and you need to search for it!!!! And the file structure is all to pot, but theres soooo much, filtering it manually would take an age!

So on to the question..... Does anyone out there know of a program that will not only re-organise these files, but look on the internet for ID3 tags and update the files? I tried using iTunes, and it just went wibble for a night and made a bloody hash of it!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ::D:

M

monobrow

hmmmmmm, might have to try that one. I did want it to re-organise them but if it gets the id3 tags sorted first, it'd probably do a better job of re-organising

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just be aware it decides what IT wants to display - so you might find random info appearing on ur MP3 tags lol

M

monobrow

errrrrr well thats the last thing I need, 30,000 songs to sit through and check they are what the tags say they are :( Mind you, it's all part of the gamble!!!!

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Looks like you're gonna have to do it the old fashioned way - or maybe employ PS to help you?

M

monobrow

Don't move and copy first, I now have no files in the original directories, and it couldn't copy half (unknown reason)

Luckily this is just a copy of the library, because it's now bloody empty!!!!!

Might try it again, but updating tags before I moved them all.

Or I might wait untill we get our dedicated music server and rip the CD's again with the tags updated this time :PDT_Xtremez_35:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Does anyone out there know of a program that will not only re-organise these files, but look on the internet for ID3 tags and update the files? I tried using iTunes, and it just went wibble for a night and made a bloody hash of it!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ::D:

Try getting a copy of Musicmatch Jukebox. if the files are named as such:
Artist-Album-Track number-track.
e.g.
Rush-hemispheres-03-The trees

Jukebox will write the ID3 tags of complete directories.

Hope this helps
:PDT_Xtremez_30:

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Try getting a copy of Musicmatch Jukebox. if the files are named as such:
Artist-Album-Track number-track.
e.g.
Rush-hemispheres-03-The trees

Jukebox will write the ID3 tags of complete directories.

Hope this helps
:PDT_Xtremez_30:

There is a way of doing this for non windows users(read MAC/Linux) i used to use musicmatch juke box years ago it was a great program then, should be usefull enough to you now

M

monobrow

Music match it is then, once I go get another full copy of the library :PDT_Xtremez_25:

Back