• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

mt any good?

manic69

LAC
is it any good ,my son leaves school soon and wants to be a crab(ex matelot i am) what is involved on a daily working day,how often do you change role ect,is it a bit tedious after a while , i think the regiment is a better option but i know little of the raf life

D

DaleD

Hi there,

Im not in the regiment or the RAF YET, but all the information you should need just now will be in here - http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/rafregiment.cfm

There are a few videos of recruit training and should give you a good insight to daily life and what it may be like!

As for MT, im not too sure on any of that. There may be a few people on here who could help you, try the search bar and see where it gets you!
Hope i could help :PDT_Xtremez_40:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I was the MTO in a couple of places in the 90's (so this might be a bit aged), but the general feel amongst the guys and gals in both places was that they had NOT made the greatest of career choices. The only good stuff (they felt) was bowser pool's where they had acquired a certain skill and the chance for regular dets on squadron strength, otherwise they tended to get longer dets and/or somewhat abused in their chosen trade - such as ad-hoc driving jobs that were questionably legal. Difficult to motivate these guys.

The camarederie was great and they were a fantastic bunch, but it gets intellectually quite tiresome after 2-3 years, even for the best of them.

I will probably get mauled now, but that's my three pence worth.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I can honesty say I've never met an MTD who was happy with his lot after a few years of doing it...Most of the guys I knew that had an ounce of brains about them went to nightschool (I was sat alongside them!), got whatever they needed and retraded...

Soory if this is a bit of a downer on the drivers but I can ony say it as I see it!

Back