• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MT drivers.....

C

Comms or Death

In my current employment... we must have the only section of MT drivers... who do no actual driving... and when you ask for a vehicle.. they first ask you if you are 'fam'd' for the relevant vehicle.... even though you just passed out of MT training at Leconfield... then go into all the reasons why you cannot have the said vehicle...... anybody else have this problem..or is it just unique to my current location...

T

tufty

Everybody has that problem - are you talking civvies here? I mean those passed over a million times ex-VIP drivers in purple nylon v-necks and seventies ties who are so close to death that they want to take us with them.

B@$tids.

I

ICATQ

tufty said:
Everybody has that problem - are you talking civvies here? I mean those passed over a million times ex-VIP drivers in purple nylon v-necks and seventies ties who are so close to death that they want to take us with them.

B@$tids.

Ours wear corporate nylon V neck jumpers - trouble is they all look the same - its a nightmare on wheels

And God forbid you try and get a driver from a civvy section to pick you up from BZN 'out of hours'.

Retuning from a sandy place at silly o'clock in the morning I am informed by my unit that I'm going to have to wait around at BZN because they can't 'make' a civvy do pick-ups out of hours!! WTF is the duty driver for?

Of course you also get the laughable situation that is all us non-'professional drivers' are b-class drivers, so even if we've been to Leconfield and have a C+E licence, drive articulated lorries of a weekend for agency work and as such have more driving time under your belt than the one trick ponies don't even think about looking at their shiney wagons, jobs for the boys and all that. :rolleyes:

I

ICATQ

Being picked up from your quarter is apparently not allowed. Even if they have to drive past it on the way to the airhead, you have to get your butt and mountains of kit to MT so they can drive past your gaff on the way to BZN. T*ssers.

T

The origional Pob

mt

mt

I know exactly who and what You are talking about Comms....for everyone else they are RAF MT...they are that busy that they cannot drive...fair plays...i know the guys and they are sound..just over worked...5 mt to 600 bods...good ratio that!. (nope i'm not one of the mt guys!...i am one of the ones trying to get a lift!.). :mad:

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Don't worry chaps you are all being made unemployed soon anyway. ;)

M

M_for_Mother

I have to say that I have never met a group of 'tradesmen' so wronged as the RAF's Drivers.

So what if they aren't trained do anything but prop their fat bellies over the steering wheel of an OOA Bowser or shuffle off the produce of 3 hours of Convoy Cock in the Gents' of some Welcome Break on the M4.

They have hearts and feelings too! They might not be the sharpest tools in the box, many of them are only with us in body and from the rank of Cpl upwards they all develop a Hitler complex. But, by God, they can strop a load. And no man amongst you is finer at driving the runway sweeper.

I say '3 cheers for MTDs' (quick, this might be their only chance to shine).