• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

multiskilling rigger 2 sootie

• Thread starter Thread starter bluejob
  • Start date Start date
B

bluejob

Is the course worth while? can we realy be turned in to a sootie in 3 weeks?

I have now sat through the course and it is pants why are we doing this????

Last edited:
B

Black Puddings

A Rigger could be trained to do Sooty work in one day, never mind 3 weeks!!! I mean what do they do but sit with their hand on throttles during ground runs....

Await response.

R

ResidentTiger

Apart from the fact that the multiskilling courses are generic and very heavily biased to the fast jet world and also a cheap answer to the old apprentice Rigger to sootie and vice versa is easy i feel sorry for the leckies to Avionics. Brain drain or what:PDT_Xtremez_35:

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Engines are just another way of warming the fuel before use, but this thing pushes it all out the back.
No more complicated than many other components you've already messed up.

Treat it just as another component - Just a lot of hot air really.

R

reddeathdrinker

Suck, squeze, bang, blow. Anything else is in the AP.

Now you know our little Sootie Secret. Welcome to the club. Tell your WO you know it all now, and don't need 3 weeks getting pi$$ed in the Families Club at Cosford....

B

bluejob

Black Puddings said:
A Rigger could be trained to do Sooty work in one day, never mind 3 weeks!!! I mean what do they do but sit with their hand on throttles during ground runs....

Await response.[/QUOTE

the sooties take 5 weeks to be a rigger:PDT_Xtremez_28:

B

bluejob

reddeathdrinker said:
Suck, squeze, bang, blow. Anything else is in the AP.

Now you know our little Sootie Secret. Welcome to the club. Tell your WO you know it all now, and don't need 3 weeks getting pi$$ed in the Families Club at Cosford....

once a splitter always a splitter and proud:PDT_Xtremez_30:

sumps

Sergeant
It takes 5 weeks 'cos the instuctor has to spend a lot of time running around the class trying to wake every body up!!! LOX Pots and Wheels, Bogs and Ashtrys...Dammed exiting stuff I tell you

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
sumps said:
It takes 5 weeks 'cos the instuctor has to spend a lot of time running around the class trying to wake every body up!!! LOX Pots and Wheels, Bogs and Ashtrys...Dammed exiting stuff I tell you

If yur a rigger doing a sumpy course and the destructor is talking about lox pots and bogs....WAKE UP, UR IN THE WRONG CLASSROOM EEDDJIT.

To be honest it matters not if you do the course or not, as i've found out that the chances of being allowed off the rigger desk in the hanger to do some Sootie work is next to none. The sqn i worked before made an effort to get you to do your IP, but once that was done the law of which diary was fuller won and hence no more sootying. However it was useful to run engines for ECS funcs etc not that the bomb ever let me do that. The guys i felt almost sorry for were the sooties going to rigger and suddenly having their work load doubled and not a chance of a brew or a Jaffa cake. :PDT_Xtremez_09:

230Tiger

Sergeant
propersplitbrainme,

I think you need to read bluejobs post then sumps' post again. You might get it then!

Back