• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MWD and APDU Is your team gonna take a battering this afternoon

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
10 mins to go 6-24 not looking good for your lot.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
10 mins to go 6-24 not looking good for your lot.

Hindsight. I use to get really wound up and wanted to fight the world bit as you get older you realise it's only a game and there's more important things in life. Onwards and upwards

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
"Forever in our Shadow?"

75-0...more like forever in Knowsley Roads shadow ::p:fishing for a bite

Ah, the stock reply from a Stains supporter. True result, but all it got you was the right to be beaten by Hull in the next round of the cup. No points (unlike in the 65-12 win for Wigan at KR in 1997). No trophy (unlike the 27-0 win for Wigan in the Challenge Cup Final).

Knowsley Rd was a happy hunting ground for Wigan. I was fortunate enough to be there for the very last Saints/Wigan game on 2 April 2010. Guess who won?

In fact, both your homes since KR have been good to Wigan. We won the game at Widnes in 2011, and also christened your new home with a 28-10 in the first derby played there.

As I said, FIOS....

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Ah, the stock reply from a Stains supporter. True result, but all it got you was the right to be beaten by Hull in the next round of the cup. No points (unlike in the 65-12 win for Wigan at KR in 1997). No trophy (unlike the 27-0 win for Wigan in the Challenge Cup Final).

Knowsley Rd was a happy hunting ground for Wigan. I was fortunate enough to be there for the very last Saints/Wigan game on 2 April 2010. Guess who won?

In fact, both your homes since KR have been good to Wigan. We won the game at Widnes in 2011, and also christened your new home with a 28-10 in the first derby played there.

As I said, FIOS....

The year ending in a 6
1956 born beat Halifax
1966 beat wigan
1976 beat widnes
1986 lost to Halifax
1996 beat Bradford
2006 beat Huddersfield
2016 beat wigan
Lol

It's only a game.

Last edited:

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
Not been near the goat for a couple of days – so just read the post..

Going into match – quietly confident, the team have been winning and I was expecting bounce back after the loss to Widnes

First 20 mins, all Saints – I was a bit surprised the defense held and you had no points to show for it
Second 20 mins – all Wigan

Was concerned the team would fall asleep in second half, as they have done before – but thought it was a good, solid performance and the better team on the day won..

For Wigan, Manfredi was awesome, Chanley put in a good defensive performance – which is usually his weakness, Sarge is a better FB than center, Tautai was a wrecking ball – best game I have seen form him so far.

Wigan controlled the pace of the game far better and sucked the life out of Saints (and the crowd, who were quiet most of the game)

Saints – TBH, I rated Cunningham as a player, but he has no impact on the team when they play. The lack discipline is costing Saints big time – Greenwood is a penalty machine, LMS would be a good player if he stopped diving and doing dumb stuff, Amor surprised me – I rate him highly but the play acting was unnecessary – we all saw the wink!. Makinson seems to have lost all his confidence, Jon Wilkin is a liability – if he put as much effort into playing as he does into whineing at the ref , he would be great!

All the above are coaching failures in my book – the cohesion and self belief is gone and the team are being whiners and doing dumb stuff.

On the flip side – Roby was, (as ever) fantastic , Burns did well, Owens looked good. Fages needs some mentoring – but any team would take him..

Oh, and Paul Wellens, was showing more passion than the playing squad - he was a quality player in his day and a fantastic servant to the St Helens club

Good luck against Widness – they will be looking for a bounce back!..

And on the comedy side – Leeds ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha – not so good when the league aren’t “assisting” the dream finish for Peacock and Sinfield are they!

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Not been near the goat for a couple of days – so just read the post..

Going into match – quietly confident, the team have been winning and I was expecting bounce back after the loss to Widnes

First 20 mins, all Saints – I was a bit surprised the defense held and you had no points to show for it
Second 20 mins – all Wigan

Was concerned the team would fall asleep in second half, as they have done before – but thought it was a good, solid performance and the better team on the day won..

For Wigan, Manfredi was awesome, Chanley put in a good defensive performance – which is usually his weakness, Sarge is a better FB than center, Tautai was a wrecking ball – best game I have seen form him so far.

Wigan controlled the pace of the game far better and sucked the life out of Saints (and the crowd, who were quiet most of the game)

Saints – TBH, I rated Cunningham as a player, but he has no impact on the team when they play. The lack discipline is costing Saints big time – Greenwood is a penalty machine, LMS would be a good player if he stopped diving and doing dumb stuff, Amor surprised me – I rate him highly but the play acting was unnecessary – we all saw the wink!. Makinson seems to have lost all his confidence, Jon Wilkin is a liability – if he put as much effort into playing as he does into whineing at the ref , he would be great!

All the above are coaching failures in my book – the cohesion and self belief is gone and the team are being whiners and doing dumb stuff.

On the flip side – Roby was, (as ever) fantastic , Burns did well, Owens looked good. Fages needs some mentoring – but any team would take him..

Oh, and Paul Wellens, was showing more passion than the playing squad - he was a quality player in his day and a fantastic servant to the St Helens club

Good luck against Widness – they will be looking for a bounce back!..

And on the comedy side – Leeds ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha – not so good when the league aren’t “assisting” the dream finish for Peacock and Sinfield are they!

I'd agree with the cunningham comments. Our left side was abysmal. Dropping turner who be in the centres. Makinson is getting no ball. One of our best props wasn't even in the squad. We made manfredi look like a world beater.