• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nautilus File Manager on Linux Linpus

Drill Bit

Sergeant
I have recently bought an Acer Aspire netbook with Linux Linpus OS; having been brought up on Windows I'm a complete novice with it's operating system.

My problem is that after successfully installing Real Player I am unable to access it. I can find it using the search option in the desktop but when it comes to accessing I get an error message stating that:

"Nautilus File Manager is disabled"

Does anyone have any ideas on how to enable Nautilus? I have googled the problem but drawn a blank. Linux tech support has the same question which has remained unanswered; whether it's the Linux elite not wanting to help MS ludites I have no idea.

M

monobrow

Try opening a terminal window and typing in nautilus and see what it gives you. I'd bet it's not installed as a netbook would probably have a file manager like thunar installed instead (more lightweight).

While your in the terminal window try launching realplayer by typing in realplay

See what that does...

Drill Bit

Sergeant
Try opening a terminal window and typing in nautilus and see what it gives you. I'd bet it's not installed as a netbook would probably have a file manager like thunar installed instead (more lightweight).

While your in the terminal window try launching realplayer by typing in realplay

See what that does...

Thanks for the advice; I did as you stated and as you suspected it looks like Nautilus is not installed.

I did manage to access Real Player by using the search option then dragging the folder into my downloads; this appeared to have worked and Real Player now works.

Thanks again.

Back