• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Navigation Problems

raflad67

Corporal
My laptop (running windows 7) which was working fine up until yesterday has suddenly decided not to navigate from the homepages obtained through the favourites list, so they will for example show the BBC homepage but when you click on sport for example it doesn't go there (although very occasionally it has)

I have tried system restore but that didnt work.

Anyideas guys?

thanks

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
My laptop (running windows 7) which was working fine up until yesterday has suddenly decided not to navigate from the homepages obtained through the favourites list, so they will for example show the BBC homepage but when you click on sport for example it doesn't go there (although very occasionally it has)

I have tried system restore but that didnt work.

Anyideas guys?

thanks

Do you have any anti-virus software running ? I am having a similar type problem at the mo where stopzilla is blocking a lot of pop ups but wont even let them through when I say to.....it has been finding a few viruses lately and I even had a BSD (Blue Screen of Death) tonight.....first in a long time

Crack on..................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

raflad67

Corporal
Do you have any anti-virus software running ? I am having a similar type problem at the mo where stopzilla is blocking a lot of pop ups but wont even let them through when I say to.....it has been finding a few viruses lately and I even had a BSD (Blue Screen of Death) tonight.....first in a long time

Crack on..................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Trend Micro Security is running but all seems ok with that

it's a right royal pain in the rear i can tell you!

beowulf

Sergeant
Might be way off target here but I had a problem with my aunt's computer recently where it got a bit of a virus on it.

You would run a google search and it would return results. So say you searched for e-goat. you would get the link saying e-goat and when you rolled over it the bottom status bar would display the correct link. But on clicking it an infected DLL took over and redirected you to sites that seemed to be those link aggregate sites where they are just a list of "did you mean to type..." kind of things.

If you typed the url into the browser it worked fine.

So what I am trying to ask is can you type in a URL direct? I know that could be kind of tricky with dynamic content like BBC news. But maybe can you right click on the link, select "Copy Link" paste it to notepad to verify what it looks like then paste it to the browser address and nav that way?

Let me know if this is of any help to you.

Back