• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need a bit of advice

• Thread starter Thread starter mead22
  • Start date Start date
M

mead22

Hi folks, Ive just signed up to this site and have to say that the advice on here is second to none. Im now hoping that there is someone out there that can help me.

Firstly Ive already taken the AST and did well in all sections apart from the electrical composition. I want to try and join as an ICT technician and selected the option to apply as an NCO (due to encouragement from my dad who was in the navy for 22 years). What are the chances of me being able to be an NCO in the Ict field? Also im retaking the AST to get a higher score in the electrical composition to ensure my progression to the next stage, will the fact that im making a 2nd attempt at the tests effect my chances of preceding as an NCO?

Finally could anyone recommend a website where i can brush up on my electrical knowledge?

Thanks.

K

Krusty_Crab

I think you've got your wires crossed here a bit (electrical pun)

You can join as an ICT tech and eventually get promoted to Cpl (Junior NCO) in about 5 years????

OR

You can join as NCA (Non-Commissioned Aircrew) where you become a Sgt (Senior NCO) immediately after training.

You can't join as an NCO ICT Tech.

M

mead22

Thanks Krusty_crab, thats what i thought. When i went for the first AST i handed in the application form stating that i would like to enter as an officer but now want to enter as an ICT tech if there are availabilities and hopefully progress in the future. Do you think this would take much to change or is it once the application is handed in thats it?

K

Krusty_Crab

Thanks Krusty_crab, thats what i thought. When i went for the first AST i handed in the application form stating that i would like to enter as an officer but now want to enter as an ICT tech if there are availabilities and hopefully progress in the future. Do you think this would take much to change or is it once the application is handed in thats it?
Be guided by the AFCO staff, they will assess you qualifications and AST scores and advise you on the best route.

Back