• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need to buy a web cam

Entropy

Sergeant
I need to buy a web cam but don't know what to buy. My broadband is only 3 MB so would I get buffering problems if I went for a 720p cam? Cab anyone recomend a cheap cam, I think £50 -£60 is my limit?

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I don't think you need to spend that much mate, I bought one a couple of years ago for Al Udeid and Skype, was about £30 from argos, Creative make and not a problem with video.

Entropy

Sergeant
It's only been a quick look but I though that web cams with 720p+ res started at about £40 hence the £50-£60 price range.

M

monobrow

Just had a butchers at bandwidth, looks like the magical figure is just over 1mb broadband speed is req'd for 720p (some say 1, some 1.2, some say 2 just to make sure...). This is your outgoing or upload rate which, even on my Virgin connection is still 0.5Mb. Many companies still give 0.5Mb upload speeds regardless of the download speed so it's worth checking.

Last edited:
Back