• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New AV Cpl back in trade after a long time out of trade.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sonic the hedgehog
  • Start date Start date
S

Sonic the hedgehog

Thread no longer needed. Thanks

Last edited:

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
What you need to fill out on the F707a and b to raise a job card.
What you need to fill out on the F707a and b to complete and co-ordinate the job card.
How to raise indies and when.
Cheers.

I'm not being funny but where exactly are you working so i can warn those around you :PDT_Xtremez_42:Mrs mmj is a fairy SAC been in nearly eight years and she would know all the above (it's techie bread and butter)

perhaps it's time to hand the tapes back!

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Hi there.

I need a bit of advice!!

I've been out of trade for 5 years and off aircraft for about 7 years.
I got promoted in 2006 but had no subordinates in my last job. I've now been posted into an AMF and feel a bit out of my depth!!

Simple things like:

What you need to fill out on the F707a and b to raise a job card.
What you need to fill out on the F707a and b to complete and co-ordinate the job card.
How to raise indies and when.

Also, advice on oversigning people when you have very little experience on type.

Any general advice for new Cpl's in the workplace in regards to how to treat subordinates. (I'm quite a relaxed person, I like to get people away if there's nothing on but prepared to assert my opinions when necessary; like insisting people sign for what they've done and raise entries for what needs doing before disappearing for tea break / lunch) but I dont want to be an ass'ole.

I've only been at my new post a couple of months but want to be as good and proffessional as people expect a Cpl to be.

Cheers.

Haven't you done TMT1??

1/. The 700 has instructions for use for all the forms in it.. Best place to look to see how its done..

2/. You should not be co-ordinating 707B's yet. That will be your teams SNCOs responsiblity or a senior Cpl on your team. Sqns do have JNCO co-ordinators due to the nature of line work but they should be trained prior to the auth being given.

3/. Read the JAP chapter on Independent inspections.. Generally they should be raised on the distubance of any system that can effect the change of direction or speed of the aircraft and any emergency systems. You raise the Indy on a 707C for single system disturbance, but AMFs tend to use the multiple inspection forms due the number of systems disturbed. The Indy will be x-refered to the B entry for the disturbance.. Get your SNEC to show you. He had to learn once as well. I was in the RAF for 8 years before I saw a 700 properly, but that was because I did 15 months in bays and 6 years on Cat 3repair teams. I was a Cpl for 3 years before I first had to raise an indie!

4/. You will pick up your management skills with time. Your are getting paid to show authority and responsiblity, you don't need to be a Hitler to prove it, but don't be scared to make your directions clear, if things are not going the way you feel they should be. Make the best use of the guys under you that know the aircraft, but you do have the AMM as your ultimate referance to how things are done..

Good luck with your new tour.

Last edited:

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Haven't you done TMT1??

i hope so as a four year CPL

1/. The 700 has instructions for use for all the forms in it.. Best place to look to see how its done..

i would agree with that

2/. You should not be co-ordinating 707B's yet.why not ? a Cpl should be more than capable of co ordiating a 707b That will be your teams SNCOs responsiblity or a senior Cpl on your team. Sqns do have JNCO co-ordinators due to the nature of line work but they should be trained prior to the auth being given.

3/. Read the JAP chapter on Independent inspections.. Generally they should be raised on the distubance of any system that can effect the change of direction or speed of the aircraft and any emergency systems. You raise the Indy on a 707C for single system disturbance, but AMFs tend to use the multiple inspection forms due the number of systems disturbed. The Indy will be x-refered to the B entry for the disturbance.. Get your SNEC to show you. He had to learn once as well. I was in the RAF for 8 years before I saw a 700 properly, but that was because I did 15 months in bays and 6 years on Cat 3repair teams. I was a Cpl for 3 years before I first had to raise an indie!

4/. You will pick up your management skills with time. Your are getting paid to show authority and responsiblity, you don't need to be a Hitler to prove it, but don't be scared to make your directions clear, if things are not going the way you feel they should be. Make the best use of the guys under you that know the aircraft, but you do have the AMM as your ultimate referance to how things are done..

These things come with time

Good luck with your new tour.

maybe i come across as angry but it puts forward my case that you should not be promoted in an out of trade position, (lean, qcit, mountain rescue) to name but a few

Last edited:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
maybe i come across as angry but it puts forward my case that you should not be promoted in an out of treade position, (lean, qcit, mountain rescue) to name but a few

I worked for 4 years on an AMF tract and only the Chief and Sgt had co-ordination auths.. That was the way it was. When I got onto a Sqn, got the auth straight away. Co-ordinating MWOs is a competence auth that some level Js will only give to snecs..

You really can't hold people back because ACOS post people out of trade.. Saying that I wouldn't have started this thread if I was in his position.

Last edited:

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
You really can't hold people back because ACOS post people out of trade.. Saying that I wouldn't have started this thread if I was in his position.

agreed if you get posted out of trade against your wishes fair enough but if you volunteer for an out of trade job then promotion should be halted (just my opinion)

however a techie Cpl asking how to raise a 707A and 707B and what to write on them ?????? inexcusable, not deserving of promotion to Cpl.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
agreed if you get posted out of trade against your wishes fair enough but if you volunteer for an out of trade job then promotion should be halted (just my opinion)If you did that, then you'd get no-one applying to do things like instructing, AFCO and other stuff that while not directly important to front line ops... does play a part in the grand scheme of things. If this happens then your trade gets no representation in things that will affect you in the future (just see the thread on DTR and handing over training to a civvy company!)

however a techie Cpl asking how to raise a 707A and 707B and what to write on them ?????? inexcusable, not deserving of promotion to Cpl. We all have things which we haven't done for ages that we need a little reminder on. I'd need lots of reminders if I ever went back into a structures bay! All tools can go a little rusty without some regular use.

Sonic, we all could do with a little remedial every now and again. At least you are asking the question and seeking help... not just blindly fumbling around and causing more work for those who work in the'Real World'!:PDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB

Back