• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Laptop Recommendations

TotalWar

LAC
Could anyone please recommend a good laptop to me?

Budget- up to or around £500. I would prefer Windows XP, also 2GB RAM if poss. A good Core 2 duo(or equivalent) processor, and a pretty large screen. Good Graphics card, with some dedicated memory.
I would like to be able to plug a TV ariel into it and be able to watch TV.
Weight of laptop isnt important, as it will usually be kept in one place(no room for PC though)

thanks

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Could anyone please recommend a good laptop to me?

Budget- up to or around £500. I would prefer Windows XP, also 2GB RAM if poss. A good Core 2 duo(or equivalent) processor, and a pretty large screen. Good Graphics card, with some dedicated memory.
I would like to be able to plug a TV ariel into it and be able to watch TV.
Weight of laptop isnt important, as it will usually be kept in one place(no room for PC though)

thanks
TW I have just bought THESE from Currys. I think it fits your criteria. It is a quality laptop mate I am well chuffed with it. Doesn't have XP but laptops with XP are few and far between these days mate.

Hope this helps

P

POB

TW

I know it is possibly out of the price range you mentioned, but if you can stretch a bit more, I would go for a MacBook. Had mine about two weeks now and will never go back to windows based things...

Roobsta

Corporal
I'd recommend ACER. Got 2 in the house and happy with both. Wifes one has XP but mine has Vosta premium. You'll need an aerial system from either Freecom or Hauppage which just plug in.

Both mine cost less than 500. Mine has 2GB RAM and I got it in Tesco Direct

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-2385.aspx

currently out of stock but you can get them to email you when it's back in

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I'd recommend ACER. Got 2 in the house and happy with both. Wifes one has XP but mine has Vosta premium. You'll need an aerial system from either Freecom or Hauppage which just plug in.

Both mine cost less than 500. Mine has 2GB RAM and I got it in Tesco Direct

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-2385.aspx

currently out of stock but you can get them to email you when it's back in

Agreed....I got an Acer 5520 about 6 weeks ago from Tesco's......great machine.

My wife got a samsung R60 yesterday in Tesco's reduced on clearence for less than £500......seems to be ok

Both these come with Vista (If you want XP that badly your going to have to format and install yourself) and 2 Gig RAM

Try tescos direct

Try tescos direct

Hi,

Got myself a 17" acer form tesco direct ( not te shop)for 349, its only got 1 gig of ram and 80 gig HDD but the screen is great and its got a 2 core athlon64 thingy. for me the price kept the wife and me happy.

Happy hunting

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
I definatley agree with Tashy and Roobsta, I got 2 in the house both from Asda Vista premium £400, Vista home £300.

Had no problems at all with them.

Studley :PDT_Xtremez_28: :PDT_Xtremez_28: :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
I got a Toshiba Equium A200-1VO PC in the PC World sale, 2G RAM, 2G HDD, very good, quite recommend them, wireless, DVD rewriter. £399 down from £499.

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
Dave, does around 160Gb HDD sound about right.

Just as well were not all computer biff's. By the way I have a copy of Windows 3.1 I could let you have for say £80.

Studley :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Back