• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Adware

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
For the last few days, my PC has been going wrong. I ran the UniBlue Registry cleaner, the CCleaner and started on Adware. THen it all went wrong big time. The Blue Screen of Death.
So I've ripped out AdAware and replaced it with NoAdware v5.0. It's bloody fast and seems to have uncovered 60 odd items wrong (can that really be true?)
However, it seems a reasonable deal at 30 quid.
XB

M

monobrow

After a quick search around the net, I'd be weary of programs that allow you to do a free scan, but have to pay to fix the problems. Essentially, programs like that tend to throw up a "serious" error or 2 so the customer feels they have to have the protection of this product.

Saying that though, if it sped your PC up, good on it but if I'm honest, why pay for software these days when there is always an open source alternative?!

G

GimpyBoy

After a quick search around the net, I'd be weary of programs that allow you to do a free scan, but have to pay to fix the problems. Essentially, programs like that tend to throw up a "serious" error or 2 so the customer feels they have to have the protection of this product.

Saying that though, if it sped your PC up, good on it but if I'm honest, why pay for software these days when there is always an open source alternative?!

Agreed, the majority of te software that will offer you a free scan, will tell you that your machine is on the verge of being kaput. Yet when you pay for it most of the problems have suddenly disappeared.

I have never had a problem with AdAware, I normally run that, CCleaner, AVG and spybot and I have never (touch wood) had a problem.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Thanks for the suggestions, chaps. All I can say is that the PC works a lot better now than last night before I started. I'm at a loss to know why AdAware didn't do it's thing properly (I usually scan every couple of days, and AVG is on a regular 3am sked). XB

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Back