• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Norton AV

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
The taskbar icon of my Norton AntiVirus has disapeared.
There's a file that seems to be missing ccCap.msdi {?}. I suppose it was this that got cleaned out by another AV programme (Zone Alarm) whichdetected a 'medium grade' trojan and deleted it.
The automatic periodic sweeps it does do not seem affected, though.

AQny ideas how I can get the damn thing back ?

:S

M

monobrow

Top tip, don't use norton.

I have never known such a resource hogging application to carry out a simple task.

Plus, doubling up can cause numerous problems, Although Zonealarm is usually regarded as a firewall unless you payed for their anti virus also.

To get it back though, I have no idea. Try emailing their tech support. I've heard their quite efficient at sorting probs out.

P

pjvr99

Two AV/firewalls inevitably fight each other. Delete all, pick one and install new.....

NFTR

SAC
Top tip, don't use norton

This man speaks the truth. What a pile of poo Norton is. I use AVG, have done for ages and so far so good. They have a free version available (which is more than adequate for a home user) if you want to try before you buy the full blown app.

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Norton is as far as I know, the only AV system to introduce a virus world-wide. I stopped using it ever since then (about 3 years ago). I now use McAfee on one PC and AVG Free on the other. Never had a problem.

Back