• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Not exactly a Comp tech question!

• Thread starter Thread starter mad_mo
  • Start date Start date
M

mad_mo

This is the only area really I could find but,

Sky TV problem....

When I turn the box off and switch to terrestrial ive got sound. When I turn the box on the sound goes??

Ive checked all the cables etc and they are all in correctly. Could it be a dodgy scart lead as Sky dont seem to have a clue!.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
This is the only area really I could find but,

Sky TV problem....

When I turn the box off and switch to terrestrial ive got sound. When I turn the box on the sound goes??

Ive checked all the cables etc and they are all in correctly. Could it be a dodgy scart lead as Sky dont seem to have a clue!.

It does sound like a scart problem...check all the pins are out or if possible swap with another (i've always got about 10 of the damn things around)

My mum had the same prob with her DVD player....could get no sound but it all worked....swapped the scart lead and hey presto...sound.

Hope it works for you MM

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Do you get the terestial picture? the reason i ask is on scart lead there is a switching signal on one of the pins. Can't remember which one off the top of my head

M

monobrow

Like others have said... Could be a bit of a dodgy SCART lead...

However, when I switch the DVD on, the scart switches the telly over automatically (picture + sound)! So it could be doing half a job. Try pulling the scart and you'll probably get the sound back on the terrestrial signal.

M

monobrow

CM,

My scart has no switching button.

There'll be no button as the switch is made by a signal down zeeeeee wire. That's why some TV's switch over automatically when it gets a signal from the SCART....

M

monobrow

Seem to remember actually, there is a SCART control setting on Sky somewhere.........

Try switching that off, and try it. Failing that, pull the scart out when watching terestrial.....

M

mad_mo

If you have a spare box, have you got a spare lead?
Try the original box with the spare lead.

Sadly not, I may have to purchase a lead in the morning.

Who said about the scart setting on Sky? Ive looked and cant find it in system settings.

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Sadly not, I may have to purchase a lead in the morning.

Who said about the scart setting on Sky? Ive looked and cant find it in system settings.

Go to System Setup -> Picture Settings then Scart Control(might be what you want). <--tested and works.

This will mean you have to use telly remote to switch to sky box output

Back