• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Notting Hill Carnival arrests.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Eight stabbings, over three hundred and thirty people arrested. Sounds like a great party! And just for good measure, an acid attack as well.

Let's hope that the perpetrators face the same swift justice as the rioters and social media offenders because as has been proven, if the political will is there, it can be done.

As for the carnival, is it time to scrap it?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Saw some pictures of the piles of laughing gas cannisters tidied into a large skip. That's an awful lot of whipped cream catering for one carnival.

With thousands gathering together there's always going to be some bad apples in a barrel that size add booze and drugs to the mix. No doubt most people had a good time and few idiots spoilt it for some. If the new government persues the miscreants with the same vigour they showed a few short weeks ago all will be well. If the perps are caught, tried and sentenced quickly then the siren calls of two tier policing will fade to a whisper no one hears.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Happens every year, not really a news story, unlikely to attend and I can't see any politician, especially Sadiq, closing it down.

Pretty certain if Glastonbury or similar had similar crime and issue stats then it would be allowed to go ahead, but not on my radar so no cares to give.

Deltaitem

Corporal
Probably very unscientific, but I was at Glasto in 1990 and didn't see any trouble, although there were drug dealers everywhere. You didn't need to look for them, they walked around the place saying 'hashspeedacid' and 'igotgoodees.' There were accounts of travellers clashing with security, and 235 people were arrested.
Reading Rock in '88, no trouble that I saw, although one of the guys I travelled there with quite rightly got arrested for punching someone, what a dumbass.
Call me cynical if you will, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if some at least of those arrested at Notting Hill claimed that they were only arrested in the first place because the police are racist/biased/corrupt and that they wouldn't be arrested at all if they were white/working/well dressed.
And I'm sure that everyone who was arrested will have said they didn't so anything wrong and that they weren't bad people.

Back