• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NVQ Cetificates

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I'm wondering if anyone in here can help. The wife completed her NVQ a few years back and has just been promoted. She now wants to put an AIP in using the NVQ but she never received a certificate. The guys at Cosford haven't been able to help so over to our wise old Goaters, any ideas how to obtain said certificate?

Mate, have had the same problem, with a different cert. Seem to remember that there is a civvy responsible for certificates that get lost unknown location of owner etc, somewhere like innsworth, but might have changed by now.

£35 for a replacement certificate from edexcel. You would have some fun filling them forms in. I guess the £35 fee would be 1 months extra pay.

The difference from Level 3 to 4 Cpl on High Band is £708 per year, minus tax.

gray

Sergeant
Don't know if it has changed, but it used to be that Services gained Certificates/NVQs couldn't be used for an AIP ?

Gray

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Tin,

Ive just had a look at that, and its no use to me as ive applied to Edexcel and OCR (Formally RSA).

I probably need someone who is an SAC(T) to whip the NVQ Certificate out and tell me who it was issued by.

HT

NVQ Level 3 in Aircraft Component Maintenance is issued by City & Guilds, so you need to contact them.

Hope this helps.

MP

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I am sure the Aircraft Component Maintenance is the new AMM NVQ by City & Guilds.

Im sure ours was NVQ Level 3 in Aircraft Engineering Maintenance or Aeronautical Engineering,

HT

I definitely wasn't an AMM mate!

I have the certificate in front of me; it's a C&G Level 3 NVQ in Aircraft Component Maintenance, awarded in 2005.

AFAIK, AMMs only get a level 2 NVQ.

Pikey735

LAC
Possibly different for armourers to the rest of us???? Id have thought training for plumbers was more component specific than say, a riggers????

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It's a possibility; but the BTEC ONC had different modules between the trades but was still awarded as an ONC in Aerospace Engineering. It seems a bit daft to have a complete different qualification for what is essentially the same kind of training.

Non of the NVQ modules are 'weapons' related; they are standard engineering type modules so it's strange to me they would give Weapons personnel a different qualification. Then again it's the RAF and nothing makes sense!

I'd still give City & Guilds a punt; they are the most likely for trade/craft NVQs.

M

monobrow

I don't have the certificate here but I'll have a good butchers tomorrow. I'm sure it was Aeronautical Engineering, although that could have been the BTEC or the Modern Apprenticeship...

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Key Skills will be City & Guilds

Modern Apprenticeship will most likely be issued by SEMTA.

Sorry mate I edited your post accidentally rather than replying :)

Back