• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Officer Application...Help Needed!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter BW6418
  • Start date Start date
B

BW6418

Hello all,

I previously started my application as a Personnel Officer in November 2007. I passed my filter interview and was invited to attend OASC in August 2008. Unfortunately, due to my own personal circumstances I couldn't proceed with my application at that time.
I am now ready to continue my application but I have a small issue. I am now living in Germany with my Husband who is posted here with the Army for at least another year until he gets out. Firstly, I wondered if it was possible to continue my application from where I left off? If not, this is not a problem, but how would my application work for me living in Germany and only back in the UK when my Husband has leave? I am still registered to my address in the UK as it is my parents address also.
I have contacted the AFCO I previously attended to try and get a clear answer on this but unfortunately I still don't have a conclusion and I would like to get my application underway as soon as possible.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What did the AFCO say? You said you didn't get a clear answer but they must have said something?

R

Reformed Scribbly

The branch is still unavailable at present, which may have been part of their answer. We're still waiting to see if there will be further recruitment this year or not until next Apr. Your being in Germany may also present an issue owing to current residency policy, however as you are over there because of your husband's service for the Queen, that should be resolvable.

I agree with the above post, we need to know what the AFCO said before being able to assist further.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Some good some bad

Some good some bad

As RS said the Branch is closed at the moment so there won't be any applications being taken, some AFCOs may let you sit the presentation on a fill up basis but others won't let you get past the initial interview.

I wouldn't think that being in Germany with your husband (as long as he stays in the Army) will be a problem, there is an overseas recruiting bod at Cranwell, whom your AFCO will be able to give you the details of, or you should be able to apply at any AFCO that you can get to.

As the branch is closed there is no real rush to do anything but if I were you I'd be trying to confirm the residency matter so you are ready to go when it does.

Good Luck

Back