• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old TAR DE qualifications

• Thread starter Thread starter Harrier Hom
  • Start date Start date
H

Harrier Hom

Can anyone remember what the old BTEC gained by the DE courses at cosford was? (I was L Tech AR) Only my ex chucked the cert when we split and as I am geting out soon i would:

a, like to get a copy of the cert if still available, and where from? As i heared the old BTEC council stopped being some time ago .
b, was it a cert or diploma?
c, whats it the modern equivilent of in civvystreet? (tho as a RAF
qualification its probably worth nowt!)

Can anyone help here?

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Can anyone remember what the old BTEC gained by the DE courses at cosford was? (I was L Tech AR) Only my ex chucked the cert when we split and as I am geting out soon i would:

a, like to get a copy of the cert if still available, and where from? As i heared the old BTEC council stopped being some time ago .
b, was it a cert or diploma?
c, whats it the modern equivilent of in civvystreet? (tho as a RAF
qualification its probably worth nowt!)

Can anyone help here?

BTEC qualifications are now run by edexcel mate.

Try contacting them: http://www.edexcel.com/Pages/Home.aspx

replacement certificate form: here

BTEC qualfications were, and still are very highly respected.

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
What course number were you?

Depending on date you went through, most got ONC and some got OND.

My BTEC National Diploma was in Engineering: Aerospace Studies - Avionics

I was TFS DE

Yeah mine was an Engineering OND as well. I think an Engineering Maintenance NVQ was thrown in for good measure as well.

I was an AV DE.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Indeed it was Level 3 ONC Aerospace Studies - Avionics up to mid 1985 at least (though the Maths bit was only done to Level 2 if memory serves, with the MoD did a deal with BTEC as regards other parts of the TG2 and 3 training done to a higher level than level 3 to make up the number of modules required).

Back