• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Outlook Express problems

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
OK, so perhaps I should have binned a load of stuff as it came in, but. . .
But let me start at the beginning.

The problem is in Outlook Express (which has bulging folders of old stuff).
I send an e-mail and I see all the pretty flickering lights on the modem thingy, as usual.
Then up pops an error message in a box:

"Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details."

You might well guess that the box below is blank.
It seems that the message has not been sent as it still resides in the "Outbox".
According to recipients of several copies of the same message, it did get sent. But it's still in the Outbox.
I have to manually delete it.

So much for the problem. This is what led up to it:-

It all started (as far as my ignorance can tell) when I got a copy of Flight Gear 2.8. The manual is over 200 pages so I have not printed it - yet.
So I installed it (fool that I was; I should have cleaned up my system and set a restore point), and when it ran, I got the impression that it was running at about one frame every two seconds.
The manual mentioned modes of operation I didn't think I had, despite my cards being on the approved list.
OK, I thought, and did things which included getting a more recent graphics card driver from nVidia.

It turned out that the said 'latest driver' did not have the blessings of Windows and my machine got truly screwed.
OK
Using CCleaner I removed the Flight Gear and restarted.
A real mess, including a disaster of a screen display awaited me (and my machine can take a while to boot).
OK. Remove graphics drivers and get something else.
Same process, except for the nVidia software.
THEN: Get a new copy of the old version of the drivers and install.
Very pretty. A complete mess, but not irrecoverable. (It had selected 1280 x 1024, and even with my new glasses, I still cannot seen that properly). reset screen displays (I use two monitors). The whole thing took all evening.

So
Can someone please advise me about what's wrong with Outlook Express?
I think I have the rest of it under control.

PS.
I have some half-decent Anti-virus stuff, so I'm not confident about it being due to infection.

Back